Oct. 2017

Oct. 2017

Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Ward Campout & Pumpkins

Justin and I were really dragging our feet about going to the campout this year, but we were so glad we pulled it together and went. It was at the usual Buffalo Springs, but we were in a different campground. I liked it so much more than the usual place we go; it felt more like camping.
The buffalo were roaming more free this year and it was fun to see them up close.
 We love the Rynearson family and they told us while we were camping that they are moving in December. Sadness. But like I told Brianne, she is just making it easier for me to leave Lubbock in May. These two cuties are just a couple months apart.
 Koyle LOVES Kenadee and they are so cute together. We enjoyed sitting around the campfire, hiking, and fishing with these guys.
Koyle didn't do as much fishing as he would have liked but it was a littler trickier since we weren't camped right on the lake this year. He did catch one fish though, so he was happy enough. 
Since I am still having problems with my camera (Landon threw it in the water a while back), these are all the pictures I got. But the weather was beautiful and the scenery was refreshing. 
We all picked and tasted a wild prickly pear off a cactus while we were hiking. It tasted surprisingly yummy-very sweet. I love experiencing new things.

We made it a full weekend by going to the pumpkin patch after we got home and then heading to the pumpkin trail at dusk. I love picking out pumpkins and it was fun to see all the cool carvings, even if it was a little crowded. 

2 comments:

Lindy said...

That's so cool that you can get so close to the buffalo! Also, prickly pear cactus lemonade is my favorite. Have you tried it?

Brendon said...

Fun, busy weekend. Oh, I miss you guys! (6 months until April!!! I hope that still goes through.) Maybe with both us and the Rynearsons in Utah, we can convince you to come here. That would be AMAZING!!!

-Steph