This week we got to celebrate Koyle turning 4. Koyle's birthdays are the best because he gets so excited and there is so much anticipation leading up to it. This year, despite my wishes to just keep things simple and easy, he kept talking about this party he was going to have. Of course he had it all planned out, and of course it was dragon themed. So I caved and decided to throw him a party. But we kept it small and simple. He had these grand ideas of dragon fighting and racing and swords and face paint (say all that with the energy of Koyle and you get the idea). Then I asked him who he wanted to invite and he picked three of the most mellow kids he knows, and none of them are into dragons. But he loves them all and he didn't care, they were great sports too. A couple of the kids didn't show so it really was a small and simple party which made it so enjoyable and completely stress free.

This was our dress rehearsal. He just couldn't wait for his birthday and when I started making the sheep he had to get in character.
The sheep for dragon racing turned out really adorable actually. I made them using cottonballs, pom poms, googly eyes, and a hot glue gun.

The cake actually turned out really great. I am not an expert cake decorator and a dragon cake was pushing it for me. Until I found this diorama print out and my problems were solved. Koyle of course LOVED it, and that's all that matters.

We started off with face painting, since they were all dragon racers for the day.
Then they all got to decorate their own shield. None of the others kids really understood the point of dragon racing and I could tell were a little confused as to why collecting these sheep and dropping them into baskets was supposed to be so exciting, but Koyle was in his element.
Then we had cake and ice cream and opened presents.
Such a happy birthday boy! The afternoon was an agonizing wait for him until Matthew got home and then we got to celebrate again! He opened his family presents, watched his birthday video, and ate pizza compliments of Grammi. Brittany and Miles joined in the festivities.
He got a lightning McQueen scooter from mom and dad, which he loves. And a pretty neat fake pet fish from Matthew, which he also loves.
Needless to say he was a pretty happy boy all day and I think he felt like his day was special.
2 comments:
What a cute, happy boy. I love Koyle! If I ever throw a party for one of my kids, I'll just ask you what we should do. Henry would love something like this. So fun to see pics of all our friends (...sniff, sniff).
Steph
I wish we could have been there. Love to see happy boy smiles!
Post a Comment