I decided last minute to take a trip to Phoenix last week and spend some good quality time Stimpson family style. It was fantastic. I was a little worried about the road trip, but the kids were champs! We only had a few minor things happen like:

Koyle once again coloring on himself during a road trip. Why do I keep giving the kid markers? Perhaps this time he was inspired by Matthew's choice the previous day to "make himself and Indian chief."
Grandma and Grandpa were there enjoying their 'snowbirds' vacation. It was fun to finally see the farm where they stay that I have heard so much about. The boys loved the goats and the glider planes competition that was going on. Koyle has taken a special liking to Grandma Jeannie and Grandpa Richard and he kept telling Grandma, "You're my favorite. I love you!" Landon on the other hand did not think any grandma was his favorite. He was pretty attached to me the whole week.
The highlight of the week for me was definitely getting to spend time with Rylee. I love that kid and it put my heart at east to see him again.

After lunch at Kneaders, and a quick shopping trip for new shoes, we went to the farm with Rylee. He took me out on a CRAZY ride in some sandpit on Grandpa's side by side. It was fun to be kid free and young again for an afternoon. Then we had a good time jumping on the giant bouncy pillow thing...until I had to stop because I almost peed my pants. Dang reality; I'm not young and free. : ) On Sunday we got to hang out with Rylee again and after playing the Farming Game we played some basketball together. If you can call what mom and I were attempting to do while in our skirts basketball. I made Rylee pick me a lemon from the tree before we left and the thing is HUGE! It was so picture perfect with the stem and the leaf.
Monday night we went to swim team with Hadlee and then we drove over and saw the horse center where Baylee takes a class. On the way home we saw the waffle truck. It was definitely worth the stop-delicious!
Missy had gotten the boys ice cream from McDonalds earlier in the evening and when we stopped at the waffle truck Koyle was asleep holding his cone. He woke up as I was taking this picture but it was pretty cute, and a little messy!
The last night we went out to dinner. Mom thought it would be fun to feed Landon a lemon. He LOVED it and sucked and chewed on the thing until we finally took it away from him when our food arrived.
Even though Baylee is turning into a teenager and didn't want to play games with me anymore, it was still fun to see her and catch up. I wish I knew her better but at least she knows I love her.
The boys loved playing with Hadlee. The days were so slow when she was at school. Hadlee tolerated the boys pretty well. And of course she always does a million things to make me smile.

After dinner we all got a dessert from this cute market place. They were all so HUGE and the kids were stoked to eat them all by themselves.
It was a wonderful week, and spending time with my mom and Missy is always a very educational, uplifting, and entertaining experience. Some of my favorite times in life have just been listening to them talk. Thanks for a great week Searles!
We were very glad to be home and Justin had a beautiful bouquet of flowers waiting for me.

2 comments:
Good to see that coloring on yourself is a typical kid thing! Sounds like a great weekend. You crack me up about peeing your pants. Glad I'm in good company.
It was a great week!
Post a Comment