Oct. 2017

Oct. 2017

Saturday, February 14, 2015

Brothers

I love watching my boys grow to love each other. There was a time when I thought it would never happen; they were too different and too stubborn to become best friends and playmates. Luckily I was wrong! They play together all the time and even though they fight and bug each other nonstop, they wouldn't want it any other way. 
 The other day we had Landon at the doctor and the Dr. Brown was teasing and saying, "Should I bring Landon home with me?" or "Koyle, do you want to come home with me?" Matthew was having none of it. He grabbed onto Koyle in a big bear hug and insisted that he could not take Koyle. Koyle was his brother and he loved him. It was sweet. And the other day I was reading through a little emotions book that the boys filled out at preschool with Brittany one day and every single entry in Matthew's book was about Koyle: What makes you happy? "When Koyle plays with me." What makes you sad? "When Koyle hits me." What makes you angry? "When Koyle takes away green blankie." It was endearing. And the last entry was What's the very best feeling I've ever had? "when Koyle makes me happy!" Melt my heart.
Matthew has always been a good big brother; quick to teach and help and protect...and annoy and pester too. Koyle has been slower coming around but I think it is going to be harder than we think on Koyle when Matthew starts school next year. Oh how I love my boys. I hope Landon finds his way into this circle of brotherhood. I'm sure he will. He has already won over Koyle's heart. Every where we go the first thing Koyle does is to announce, "This is our brother. His name is Landon. We love him!" It is adorable. I wish I could get it on camera cause he says it in his little voice and it is priceless. Matthew loves Koyle, Koyle loves Landon, and Landon loves Matthew (really, he does). So they are all connected in a big circle of love!

No comments: