Oct. 2017

Oct. 2017

Sunday, November 9, 2014

Landon 6 months

 This post is a little late as Landon has been 6 months for 2 weeks now. It is lengthy because I like to document for me to look back on all about what my babies are doing. So read the sections you want! But we took him in for his appointment this week and his stats are:
Weight: 20 lbs 4 oz
Height: 26.8 in
Still Mr. Chubs!
Eating: Landon still nurses every 2-3 hours, although it is usually more on the 3 side. He has been eating baby cereals for about a month now and he loves them! We even started him on green beans last week and he does good with them too. He made a few funny faces the first time I gave them to him, but he ate the whole serving no problems. They were fresh out of our garden...maybe that made the difference. I feed him solids once a day (sometimes we miss a day) but I am trying to transition to giving it to him twice. I feel like that is a lot of food for him though, even though that's what the doctor recommended, so we just do whatever we feel like that day.
Skin: His skin has still been really bad. The doctor was quite concerned when he saw him : ) I had been using Matthew's steroid cream when things got super bad, about once a week, to avoid another yeast infection-and just to give my baby some relief. With the doctor we decided to put him on a lower dose steroid cream to try first. I am supposed to use it 3 times a day for a week and then go back to just using Aquaphor three times a day for a week. So far, the low dose cream doesn't seem to be clearing it up so I'm not hopeful that it will be that easy of a fix. The doctor told me to come back in if that didn't work...but I think my medical budget has been maxed out lately so we might hold off on that for a while. We'll see. His whole body only breaks out occasionally, and I can manage that part with aquaphor. It's just his dang neck; and he has one ear that cracks and bothers him a lot too. Looks like he really did get Matthew's genes.
Sleeping: Yeah, some things never change. We started doing sleep training during the day a couple weeks ago and it went great. He puts himself to sleep with minimal crying, most of the time. I put him down for a nap after he has been awake for about 2 hours, which works out to 3 naps a day. He usually sleeps between 45 min-90 minutes for his naps. Then I decided I needed to do sleep training at night-mostly because I was exhausted and starting to not think happy thoughts about my baby when I woke up in the night for the 4th or 5th time. It was HORRIBLE. I will spare you all the bloody details but it involved about 4 nights of lots of crying, lots of heartache, and not a lot of sleep. This was also the week of daylight savings and everyone was thrown off, even the older boys were waking up at 5:30. So an epic fail. I have decided that we will try sleep training at night sometime in the future; for now I guess I will just keep living through the multiple night wake-ups. Although last night as a little gem he slept from 7-4!!! He hasn't done that in months! He has been going to bed sometime between 6-8. Since getting adjusted after daylight savings it is usually more between 7-8. I generally try not to feed him if it is before 2 am, unless it has already been a bad night and then sometimes I will cave sooner. And then he usually eats again around 5 ish.
Interesting sleep tidbit. I have been reading a sleep book my friend borrowed me, which I have surprisingly really enjoyed. But he gave "myths" that parents believe are reasons their babies wake up a lot at night, but which aren't really factors. Then he will gave real reasons attributed to frequent night wakings. He only had 3 things listed, and one of them was eczema. Who knew?!? Matthew and Landon both had bad eczema as babies and they both woke up a lot at night. Interesting....
Playtime: Landon is getting really good with his hands and he is so happy to sit on the floor surrounded by little toys he can pick up and chew on. He also loves faces; Matthew will often lay down with his head in Landon's lap and just let him attack his face and pull his hair. They both love it. Landon also really enjoys going for walks in the stroller, or just being outside in general. He loves to pick the grass.
Other tidbits: Landon has recently learned to blow raspberries and he does it all the time. Pretty cute.
 He LOVES his daddy. All Justin has to do to get Landon to smile is just be in his presence; Landon lights up for his daddy.
 He also LOVES to drink water. He enjoys sucking on his sippy cup but he gets really excited when I let him drink out of my cup. He has actually gotten pretty good at drinking out of a regular cup. His arms and legs kick and flail at top speed, he gets the biggest grin on his face, and after drinking will make the most adorable happy sounds ever.
Favorite things:It is hard to pick but I think one of my favorite things he does right now is his bashful smile. Whenever other people are talking or playing with him and it makes him happy he gives this huge grin and then buries his head in my shoulder for a second. Then he looks back for more and gets another huge grin, and buries his head in my shoulder. He will do this over and over. Its the cutest little bashful behavior and I love it. He is a good snuggler and always so happy and I love him so much. His big eyes take the world in and light up when something strikes his fancy. He's my sweet baby boy and he is growing up way too fast.
 I couldn't decide which was my favorite out of this series of pictures...so you got them all!





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cutest baby ever! Love the picture of you and him at the playground and the very last one. I could use a copy of that one.