Monday Landon's neck took a turn for the worst. We have been fighting bad eczema for a month and just couldn't get a handle on it. Monday I could tell it was different, and worse. So I watched it all day and was super diligent with the aquaphor, but by that night it had only gotten worse. And it started oozing and it stunk. I was pretty sure he had a yeast infection. Justin took him in the next morning (it was really nasty by then) and sure enough. So he got a prescription cream for that. It is looking much better now, but the eczema is back in full force since I hadn't been able to lotion it up for 4 days while using the prescription. So the battle continues.
| This was Monday morning before his neck got really "bad". And notice that the eczema covers the rest of his body too |
Wednesday morning Justin went into the doctor and he had strep. So antibiotics for him. I made a doctor appointment for Landon because I was pretty sure he had an ear infection and possibly strep too. His ear was infected but the doctor didn't test him for strep (I am still convinced he had it because he was way more fussy than what a typical ear infection does). So antibiotics for Landon. I started feeling poor that afternoon but thought it was mostly due to no sleep. But I kept getting worse as the day went on and by evening had a high fever and also started throwing up. Koyle got a high fever also, and Matthew was complaining of a sore throat. We decided we better take everyone in. So we went to the urgent care and sure enough, all 3 of us had strep. So more antibiotics. Yep, count it up folks. All 5 of us have a prescription of amoxicillin right now. We are just getting rid of all our bad bugs at once. It was hard having Justin and I sick at the same time, on top of having a sick and very fussy baby. But we survived.
Thursday we felt like we were digging ourselves out of the hole of Wednesday. We were already feeling better but not 100%. Everyone was tired from the sickness and the sleepless nights. The house was a disaster and we tried to put it back together. We ate the soup that my dear friend brought us on Wednesday that none of us had the appetite to eat that night.
Friday we were back in business. Justin took his big unit test. We got grocery shopping done which had already been long overdue before I got sick. Did all the laundry, which is a feat within itself. And watched the Boise State vs. BYU game that night. We dominated BYU...it was awesome!!
Saturday was a long day for the kids. We spent most of the day deep cleaning and super sanitizing our house. We did a bleach bath and every toy that wouldn't get ruined got dumped in and soaked, layed out to dry, and put back away. Couch cushions got washed, bathrooms scrubbed, more laundry, LOTS of clorox wipes and lysol. But now I feel very comfortable welcoming preschool kids back into my house...so that they can infest my house with all their dirty germs : ) I also sewed Koyle's newsie hat. Two down, one to go.
Also big news on Saturday. I have been reading a sleep book and gearing up to get Landon sleeping better. This was the day to start. I felt like Landon was feeling well enough again to start. We let him cry it out for his nap and it took him about 35 minutes to fall asleep. Then for his afternoon nap he only cried for about 15 minutes. Today for his nap he cried for maybe 10 minutes, and then tonight at bedtime he was wide awake when we layed him down and he never let out a peep! Success in two days folks. Can't complain about that.
And going along with that. Saturday night after Landon had been asleep a little over an hour he started crying (like he always does). But I didn't go in to him and he stopped after just a minute-he never even cried hard. Then a few more times he kind of let out a whimper here and there. When it was time for bed I decided to go in and check on him since I hadn't been in since we laid him down. And this is how I found him.....
What!?! Landon can roll over! Finally. But he did it in his sleep and he wouldn't do it for me today. But now I know that he can. He has been so close for a week or more, he just won't ever do it. All my kids have been this way. But it made me so happy to see him laying on his tummy.
Sunday was exciting because Koyle found a lizard in our house. Happy exciting for the boys, uneasy excitement for mom. He was over in the preschool corner and as I was taking pictures of him he just slipped down a hole in the floor and was gone. Creepy. Justin felt down there and couldn't feel a hole in the floor which means he just went under the carpet somewhere. Even more creepy. I have a baby lizard living under my carpet? I do not like it, not one little bit. But the boys think he is our pet and a part of our family now since he lives in our house and they think it is all great fun.
Phew! What a week. At least it ended on a lighter note than it began.
4 comments:
Lizards are SO CREEPY! I would be so nervous having one under the carpet. Eeek! I'm so glad you guys made it through your sickness in one piece and that it didn't last too too long. What an ordeal! Being sick with a nursing baby is the worst. And one more--YIPPEE for sleep!
Oh man. Thats super awful!!! I'm glad its over for you guys. Boo Boise state.... but more just BYU stinks. Whatevs :)
Two things - just say no to lizards,
I think you should move!
and - who is this Becca girl, booing BSU, you should unfriend her! just sayin....
Keep it as a pet! It's so cute!!
Lindy
Post a Comment