Matthew's date night took a little work to get rolling but in the end it was perfect. Matthew REALLY wanted to go watch the Lego movie in the theaters. Two problems: it wasn't showing in theaters anymore, and I didn't want him to watch the Lego movie. (I am a little choosy about what Matthew watches). So when we asked him to choose something else he decided he wanted to stay home and play Risk with us. So that was our plan. But as the day got closer I was feeling guilty about not doing the activity he really wanted and just staying home to play a game didn't have that 'special night out with mom and dad' quality I was going for. After some research I again vetoed the Lego movie, but we came up with the idea to go play miniature golf. Matthew was so excited, but insisted that if we had extra time we come home and played Risk until date night was over. So that's what we did. It was unlimited mini golf and I think we played 3 full rounds of 18 hole mini golf. Then we came home and had just enough time for Matthew to (fairly legitimately) take over the world playing Risk. (Using the fast set up version of course). I think Matthew really enjoyed having our full attention with no distractions to take mom or dad away. He always has so much to say and so many things he wants to do with us. He is always patient with us but I know he gets frustrated sometimes. All night I just kept thinking about how big he is getting and how smart and how not little boy he is anymore. I sure love him and can't wait to see what his future holds.
 |
| Matthew insisted that we look like we were lifting the chest in our picture |
 |
| He thought the black lights were cool. |
 |
| Our camera struggled with the lighting though and we haven't played with the settings much and it was dark...so we got whatever we could. |
1 comment:
i think the black lights are really cool too! Just curious, what was wrong with the Lego movie. I don't keep up on kid movies. Was it enviromental propoganda or to politically correct?
Post a Comment