Oct. 2017

Oct. 2017

Sunday, October 19, 2014

Chopped

I finally did it! I am always talking about cutting my hair, but I finally did. And I have been LOVING it. There have been a few moments where I have thought about missing my long hair...but then it hasn't been long enough for me to really miss it yet. I am still loving the freedom of short hair. I woke up one morning and realized it was dumb to keep fighting myself over my hair. I was just over it. It took me about 2 weeks to work up the nerve, and once I decided for sure I had to make the appointment and GO before I changed my mind. But seriously, I feel like I have been liberated. And more often now my outward appearance reflects how I feel about myself and my life. I am a put together person who has control of my life and I like things to be nice but not over the top. And now that is what I look like every day; instead of the frazzled, frumpy, don't care about my life look that my out of control hair too often gave me. Here are the before pictures:
 A little sadness to lose those beautiful locks...if only they weren't so high maintenance.
It's hard to take pictures of yourself. Not sure why some people like to do it so much.
And here are the after pictures:

 I only had one moment of panic/regret the first morning I showered and suddenly realized I had to figure out how to style my hair short...and my straightener doesn't get some of those short pieces in the back very well. But after a small learning curve I am getting pretty good at it.
I think my favorite part so far has been that I can wake up the 2nd day and comb my hair real fast and be ready for the day...and actually look good doing it. Although this sometimes tempts me to try and go a 3rd day without washing...which is not a good idea : ) Don't worry, I do still shower; I just said it is tempting not to sometimes.



3 comments:

Shaina said...

YAY! It looks great! I know the feeling--there really is no point in fighting yourself. Why do we sometimes think it's our job to have long annoying hair? Totally not worth it! Except I went overboard 2 years ago and got a pixie cut (which I LOVED) but after a while I did start missing hair. So that's why I grew it back out. But that's the whole point: Do what you WANT to do with YOUR OWN hair! Way to be brave. :)

Sarah Jones said...

I love it! You look pretty with long hair, but I agree, your short hair has such a cute, put together, chic look! I love that it reflects your personality perfectly. You are an amazing woman with a darling but sensible style and now you have the hair to match! Love it!!

Anonymous said...

Yay for short hair!