Tonight I am alone. A sweet, heavenly moment in time. My moments of quiet are rare, and my moments alone even more so. Some people don't like it when their husband is gone overnight and they can't sleep, but I treasure such moments. Not that I want my husband to be gone all the time, and not that I don't miss him or am not glad to see him when he gets home, but a moment in time all to myself is like a breath of fresh air. There is something about turning on some peaceful music and doing a menial task (such as cleaning) that allows me to connect with my soul and ponder those inner feelings of my heart. It is in these moments when I FEEL-and there is oh so much to feel in this life. It is in these moments when I allow myself to run free in my own mind and emotions and see where it takes me. It always leaves me grateful and humble. Oh so grateful, and oh so humble. Perhaps it is the scarcity of these moments that make them so precious. They are an affirmation that the person I see in myself is still there, deep down. Just waiting to reach it's full potential and bloom. I can live out dreams and develop habits and daily practices in a mental way that is so encouraging. And even if I am not able to make these ideas become a reality right now, they are still there, waiting for another moment when I will be able to visit them again; and hopefully get one step closer.
And now I will write letters until my eyes grow too weary. For there are many that I love and many words I wish to say. Sweet solitude!
1 comment:
If there were a like button on blogs I would click it.
Post a Comment