Oct. 2017

Oct. 2017

Friday, September 12, 2014

September: Pool, Preschool, and Parties

I was just sending some pictures to my mom and I realized I had a bunch of pictures from September that I haven't blogged about yet. And despite Justin's schedule being more busy than it was last rotation, we are still having lots of fun. Because we are Jones'! Work hard, play hard is the Jones motto (you got it Sarah!) and we love it.
Labor day weekend we set a record high (for that day, not ever) with a hot 104 degrees! So we went to the pool to cool off...and the water was definitely cool. I decided to snap a few pictures as I sat and watched my boys play while I nursed the baby.



 Landon does like the water but it was way too cold for him to swim that day.
And big excitement at our house-preschool started! Koyle has been so excited and feeling so grown up that he gets to go to preschool this year. He does look all grown up, doesn't he?
 Had to document the day for Matthew too, even this will technically be his 3rd round of preschool. But being the awesome teacher that I am (haha) we are keeping him engaged and have some good things planned to keep him learning and moving forward.
 Koyle has been so cute about preschool. Every day at some point during preschool he asks me, "Are you my mom or my teacher?" And then after preschool he will ask me again, "Are you just mom now, or are you still my teacher?" Adorable-and I understand his confusion. After the first day of preschool was over he asked me if he had to go to Mindy's house on the next preschool day. When I told him that he got to come to preschool EVERY day, his excitement blossomed all over again!
 These two have been such great pals lately! If there is a train track set up, they will play together for hours. We did a little survey thing at preschool and we asked kids who their friends were; Koyle's only answer was Matthew. This made me almost sad for a moment that he didn't have any friends, but then it just melted my heart because I have always wanted my boys to love each other and be friends and here was proof that it has happened! Koyle has been doing pretty well in preschool behavior wise. A little wiggly but he's getting pretty good about that. He has been kind of a stinker about doing projects-specifically gluing. He never wants to finish his work...so we need to work on that.
 Cute baby! He is growing up so fast and, as long as he gets a few good naps in, is so happy and pleasant to be with. Have I said that I am loving my kids right now and just soaking up every sweet baby moment with Landon?
 Boise State Football!! My boys LOVE this time of year.
 Justin's birthday was conveniently the night of the BYU and the BSU game. So naturally for his b-day celebration he wanted to have friends over to watch football. These are our dear friends the Carlson's whom I love so so much. Sadly they might be moving sooner rather than later and I don't want to see them go.
 This picture makes me look skinny so I had to include it : ) Sad, but honest. The baby bump is hanging on to me for dear life this time. But really, I included this picture to talk about the cake. I found this recipe and had been anxiously waiting the chance to make it. It was a caramel carrot poke cake and it was SOOO delicious! Just don't ask about how many calories. Definitely the highlight of the night.
 Yep-I lit 28 candles and made him blow them all out! And we sang to him. But I didn't make everyone watch a cheesy birthday movie of him : ) Benefits of getting old I guess.

 Good looking birthday boy in his new Boise state shirt with his boys! I sure love growing old with this guy, and I love teasing him that he's getting old and denying that we are in our prime. But yes, this is the prime of our life and I LOVE being here in this moment with him.
 The crew gathered to celebrate: Pavin, the Clarks, Carlson's, and Whitings.
 Love the chub!
I don't know what it is about my kids but when they are having a hard time going to sleep, they always want to sleep on the floor. And it usually works to put them right to bed. We have pity on their young bodies and move them into their soft snuggly bed after they are asleep.
 Brother time...watching a little Daniel Tiger.

Koyle, Koyle, how does your garden grow? We have become well-known in our neighborhood for our little garden. It is thriving more than I ever could have imagined. The owners of our complex said we inspired them to try and start a community garden in the field next to the pool next year. I would be so happy if they did!

3 comments:

Sarah Jones said...

There is so much that I LOVE about this post! Where to start? You guys look soooo happy!! I miss all of you! The chub picture of Landon is to die for! Your boys being best friends is exactly why I wanted two girls! Yay! And happy birthday to Justin!! It looks like you threw a great party with great food (surprise, surprise) It makes me long for the days when I got invited to your parties! Yum! You have such a great family. I love it!

Brendon said...

HOLY COW!! Your garden!?!? Amazing!

I think it's adorable that Koyle answered Matthew as his friend. I also think it's cute that he thought he would be going to Mindy's. All in all, Koyle is just a cute boy!

And on that note, I love that Koyle calls Landon fatty pants.

-Steph

Tiffany said...

Holy garden!! That is crazy awesome! And yes, having your kids be friends is pretty much the best. It makes having kids close together all worth it.