Weight: 15 lbs 15 oz...should have fed him before and we would have made it to that 16 lb mark!
Height: 26 in.
Food: Landon eats every 2-3 hours. Some days he will go 3 hours between feedings no problem, and other days I feel like I have to stretch him to make him wait 2 hours. So it just depends. I have noticed that he goes longer between feedings easier on days when he doesn't spit up much. So I don't care what the professionals say...it does make a difference when your baby spits up all the time. And yes, Landon spits up plenty. Today I got to conduct Relief Society looking like I fell into the sink (wet shirt from spit up all down the front and sleeve on one side). Awesome. But what can you do? We love him anyways. He's not as bad as Koyle and I just have to remind myself of that. He takes his bottle at night great...except that he usually just falls asleep and doesn't eat much of it.
Sleep: Oh sleep. The ever elusive task of getting my babies to sleep. His sleep during the day is all over the place and not consistent at all; which sometimes bothers me but I'm not sure what to do about it. So we just go with the flow, which works well for us most of the time. Sometimes he will take an awesome 2 hour nap. Other days he won't sleep for longer than 40 minutes. I do things the same every day so I'm not sure what makes the difference. A few weeks ago he was really having a hard time sleeping and especially falling to sleep. He always has his hands up by his face and in his mouth and he would constantly wake himself up or knock his binky out. I happened across this new method of swaddling one night-purely by accident. And it has been a lifesaver! It is called the double swaddle (search it on youtube if you want to check it out). I find myself asking, "Where have you been all my life?" It has made that much of a difference for us. The first week he was taking 2 hour naps all day...it was awesome. The magic didn't last, but he does put himself to sleep pretty easily still. Basically it holds his arms down so they can't get up to his face but he doesn't mind it because his legs are still out. And he can't get out of it like he could a regular swaddle. So yeah-I'm a fan of the double swaddle.
He does pretty good at night. He's no Tiffany baby : ) but I don't complain...most days. He typically wakes up 1-2 times at night, and will wake up for the day between 7:30-8:30. But he does tend to go in cycles where he will gradually have worse and worse nights until he has a night where he's up every 2 hours, and then the next night he will sleep through the night! He kind of does that during the day too, he has a great day of naps and then gradually gets worse until he has a day where he hardly sleeps at all, and then he's so exhausted he sleeps a ton the next day. But I make it sound worse than it is. Aside from the unpredictability day to day, he's not a bad sleeper.
| This day he had really worn himself out. After conking out while playing, he stayed asleep even after I pulled him out of the johnny jump and laid him down in bed-a miracle! |
Motor Skills: Landon has almost rolled over a few times but hasn't quite made it all the way. He loves laying on his side to play. He's pretty good at tummy time too.
He loves chewing on his hands, or anything for that matter. He has to be chewing on something constantly.
He has recently really started figuring out that he can grab things with his hands and he has started reaching for things he wants and holding toys to chew on. He likes to be sitting-as I have already posted about. He's getting pretty steady these days too. His johnny jump is his favorite place to hang out. He doesn't jump much in it, but he loves when the boys swing him in it.
Other:
All dressed up for church. And though he is my somber boy (like Matthew was) he does have a beautiful smile when you can get him to show it off.
- Landon has various nicknames including: baby cheeks, thunder thighs, sunshine sugar bear, fat face, Sir poops a lot, or as Koyle likes to call him, fatty pants.
- He loves his brothers, especially Matthew. And Matthew is so good to always talk and play with him. If I am trying to talk to Landon and he can hear the boys playing he will crane his neck and squirm his body until I turn him around to see them.
- He is such a sweet baby and we love him so much. He is really starting to come alive these days and is not a little baby anymore. It's so fun to watch him grow, but a little sad too. We are entering what I always feel is the hardest stage, but so far we are doing fine. Landon is definitely in that stage where he wants to be a part of what is happening but he's not old enough to take part on his own...so that means mom holding him a lot. But I just can't get enough of this sweet little boy so I don't mind it too much most of the time.
3 comments:
Aww, I love his chubs. So huggable! :)
Oh, and I'm cracking up over his nicknames!
So sorry Carissa---wish you could have a "Tiffany baby" too! :) but I was laughing at your comment.
I can't believe how much he looks like Matthew! Such a sweet boy.
Post a Comment