Those who have recently had a conversation with Justin or myself have probably heard us bring up Koyle. We probably mentioned to you how he is a red head: stubborn, defiant, full of fire. We are looking forward to leaving the terrible twos behind us. Koyle is a sweet boy and there are lots of things we love about him, but he knows how to push our buttons and try our patience. He is smart-and that's the problem. He thinks it is so funny to watch you get more and more frustrated as he willingly disobeys. And oh that laugh of his. When we try to discipline him he just laughs in your face. (Except for when he does cry and then it breaks your heart because it is so pathetically sad.)
I have seriously been questioning whether or not Koyle is ready for preschool this year-and leaning towards the not side. I keep warning Brittany that she doesn't know what she is in for with him. He won't sit still ever. We have really been trying to make him sit on the couch during scriptures at night and you would think it was really asking something of him. So you get the idea-he is a very busy two year old boy who loves making trouble and doesn't care what you say to him.
Then today I got this message from his nursery leader (who I LOVE):
Hey, Carissa- I just wanted to let you know how much I am enjoying Koyle in nursery. He is SUCH an angel! Seriously, I am really impressed by him. Each week he shows how smart he is and what good behavior he has. I see him week after week share with other kids, take turns easily, play nicely with the toys (he especially loves driving trucks around and playing "daddy" with some of the dolls- he is an EXCELLENT daddy:)). He says things like, "please" and "thank you" during snacktime. He sits in his chair during singing time and participates so well with all the songs. I just love having him in there. He provides an excellent example to the other children. What a kid! I love him so much and am grateful for the chance to get to know him better through our experiences on Sunday. Thanks for being such a fantastic mom and for letting me learn from him!
So there you have it folks. Apparently he just doesn't behave for mom and dad. At least I know there is hope for him! But it was really nice to know that he is behaving well when away from me.
2 comments:
That is so sweet and so rewarding for you. Maggie--who enjoys sitting--has a hard time with scripture time. But we're so focused on Henry that she pretty much gets off the hook. ;)
Landon is so cute. I definitely see him more on your blog than in person. So sad! We need to get together more often. We'll blame it on summer.
Hallelujah. I would waaay rather have my child behave well for a stranger than for me, provided I could only choose one scenario. :) good job Koyle!
Post a Comment