Oct. 2017

Oct. 2017

Thursday, July 17, 2014

3 Kids and Counting...

I am IN LOVE with my baby! I think Justin is getting sick of me saying every 5 minutes, "Look at how sweet he is. He is so cute. I just love him..." But I really do. I love baby Landon so much! How could you not? He is adorable, and he is a super easy baby. Every time I hold him I think my heart is going to explode. And the best part is, this love has been seeping over to my other kids and even to my husband. I love them all!
 I really have been thoroughly enjoying my role as wife and mother; I can honestly say there is nothing else I would rather be doing right now. Even the other night when my evening looked like this: washing dishes, baby wakes up crying, feed baby, Koyle pees on the couch, clean up the pee, baby spits up all over, clean up the spit up, Koyle pees on the carpet, clean up the pee, put dinner away off the table, Koyle pees again....

It didn't even bother me. (Okay it did a little bit). But all my kids are so precious and I love them and I don't mind working through these toddler years together with them. And it is hard to stay mad when you have this sweet face smiling at you:
 And these faces are pretty cute too:

Every time I pick Landon up and feel his warmth and softness against my skin I just melt into mommy heaven and nothing else matters-it's just my baby and me in that moment. I love looking into his eyes and seeing the wonderment as he begins to take in his world around him.
 I always try and guess my children's personality by studying their face and eyes as babies. Kind of silly but I have been pretty accurate with the other two. Landon is just starting to develop his personality but so far I see lots of joy and serenity.

Each baby I have makes me want to have more babies; they really are a sweet piece of heaven in your home. Unfortunately they grow up and then I have to potty train them...so don't worry-I won't be having too many kids. I love the show 19 Kids and Counting and I think I can understand (in small part) her desire to have so many kids. Who wouldn't want to always have a sweet baby in the home? And then to watch them grow and learn is equally as rewarding. However, I am pretty sure I won't make it to 19 : ) I don't know what number I will make it to, but I want to savor and enjoy every minute of every baby. Someday they will be all grown up and the only person who will want to snuggle with me is Justin. And that will be okay; but its not the same as holding a sleeping baby in my arms. 



2 comments:

Sarah Jones said...

I loved this post!! You explained everything so perfectly. And there is something about Landon. Even though I've only held him once he melted my heart too! All babies are precious but there is something so endearing about him. It was pretty much love at first sight for me! I didn't want to let him go.

Anonymous said...

Hey! Share the love, I want some snuggle time too.