Our trip to Idaho this year was shorter than normal but no the less fun-filled and refreshing. We decided to leave a week early so that we could meet up with Jones family in Utah to get a family photo. So off we headed bright and early (5 a.m.) on Saturday. Our trip went about as planned with the baby-lots of stops. What we weren't expecting was Koyle only sleeping for about 25 minutes the whole day. Whenever he would start getting tired he would scream high pitched over and over again. Awesome! He also resorted to doing this for fun:

I had some great ideas of how to make the trip go more smoothly with the kids that I was really excited to try out. I made an over the seat pocket hanger to put all their toys and books in. I also had a hanging pocket thing with all the crayons and markers so they could reach them themselves. Justin rigged up their Camelbacs on the back of the carseats so they could get a drink whenever they were thirsty. The hope was to save me from spending half the trip facing backwards half climbed over my seat handing things to the kids. Epic Fail. Koyle was a punk (not surprising) and within the first few hours and thrown everything out of the pockets. The crayons were all thrown over his head back to the luggage and the markers were scattered without lids. As for the water deal it was great except that Matthew drank all day and then always had to use the restroom and then peed out of his pull-up and soaked everything. That was partially our fault because we would stop to feed the baby (every 2 hours) and change his diaper and finally get back on the road and then Matthew would need to go to the bathroom. We stopped a couple of times but finally we told him to just go because we would never get there if we had to stop every hour. So after a long day of driving we finally arrived at Cory & Tiff's house around 8:30 p.m. We visited for a short time and then went to sleep. It was an early morning to get ready for pictures and out the door by 7:30. Afterwards we went and saw Troy and Sarah's new patio and then let the kids play at the park before heading off to Pocatello to see Jacque. We spent the evening with Jacque and the kids really enjoyed getting to help her feed her baby robin. Then we drove up to Rexburg to Mandi's house. Tuesday I went in to the school and got my hair done; more like a makeover I should say. It was a LONG day but it was so worth it. A big thanks to Mandi for helping with my kids all day while I got pampered and Justin studied. I got my hair permed and highlighted. As always there were lots of comments about how much hair I have. It took 5 packets of bleach to do my hair! The perm has been a life saver. I can shower and done. No more frump girl for me : ) And even though it was a little sad to leave the virgin hair club, I am loving having blonde hair again. I feel more like me with blonde hair.
 |
| The before hair picture |
 |
This is the best after picture I could find
|
. After spending some time on Wednesday with the Evans' we headed out for Boise. We stopped in Rupert to see Grandma and Grandpa and feed the baby and a short stop turned into a long stop when the took us out to dinner. It was fun to stay and visit and Rick & Amber came too. We finally made it to Boise that night and everyone was ready to be free of the car for a while.
 |
| The park in Rexburg has a carousal ride which is pretty awesome. |
 |
| Matthew learned how to do the monkey bars which he thought was lots of fun |
1 comment:
I love your blonde highlights! They are gorgeous! I need to get my hair done more...ugh. I think you already know this, but I hate doing my hair and makeup. If I had it my way I would have a super short chic haircut but I'm pretty sure Troy would have a conniption. LOL
-Sarah
Post a Comment