Oct. 2017

Oct. 2017

Thursday, October 24, 2013

Save the Date

Surprise! Perhaps my lack of posts lately tipped some of you off. We are thrilled to be pregnant with our third and are even more thrilled now that my first trimester is almost over. We have been surviving and Justin deserves a giant thumbs up for pulling my weight the past month. This pregnancy has been somewhere between Koyle and Matthew's as far as level of sickness goes. LOTS of  nausea  but not so much actual puking. This is due to a few factors I believe. First, I have become quite skilled at stopping myself from actually puking once my body starts trying. I will spare you of all the details. Second, I have been using peppermint drops which have saved me on many occasion. I highly recommend them. And third, I have been taking life easy and have been able to cater to my pregnancy needs (like not brushing my teeth until 2 o'clock). The  nausea is subsiding and I am able to do a little more each day. 
I have been so hungry all the time but not able to eat much. That has been getting better and it feels so good to actually eat until I'm full again. But there are still plenty of things I try to eat and just can't stomach. My gag reflex is still going strong, which is normal for me. My  sciatic nerve has been bothering me as it usually does during my first trimester but not as bad as it did with Koyle. Writing this post now that I am feeling better makes it sound much more upbeat than living through the past month and few weeks has been. 
I don't love the clinic I am at but I do LOVE the doctor I see there so I figured that is just the compromise I have to make. The standard procedure here is to give everyone an early ultrasound-I don't know why. But it was so fun to see our baby and always makes me feel better knowing for sure that baby is healthy and growing. This was the first time we've had a 3D picture and it was so awesome. I love early ultrasounds...until I get the bill and then I grumble a little : )  

People are already guessing boy or girl and most people lean towards girl. I have feelings both way and honestly we would be thrilled to have another boy. Our practical selves would really appreciate not having to buy a ton of girl stuff while our boy stuff sits in the garage during this phase of life. But of course we will be happy with whatever we get. 
Hopefully I will start catching back up on life again and you will be hearing more from me soon!
Again I must say that we are so excited! It is time for another baby in this house. 

11 comments:

Christy said...

Congrats, that's super exciting!

Shaina said...

Congratulations!!! So exciting. I was wondering if you were going to do anything about that baby-hunger you mentioned a few months ago :)
I'm baby-starving too, but who knows what will happen, and when. I've never had a 3-D ultrasound before--they look so cool! I hope it's a girl just because after a boy, a little girl feels like such a reward--a dolly to put bows and dresses on!! Yay for you!!

Emily said...

Congratulations! That's awesome news! We'll be excited to hear the gender!

Tami said...

It's a girl!!!! Think pink, I say, think pink. You guys sure make sweet little boys though so . . . another sweet boy would be perfect too!

J&K Gallacher said...

Oh congrats! I hope you are really feeling better and that the second trimester is a breeze! I've just started my 3rd trimester and with it all the uncomfortable things. :) Yay for babies! Some day we need to have a reunion.

Sarah Jones said...

Congratulations!!! I am so excited, you have no idea! Troy and I are going to live vicariously through you and Justin this pregnancy! Haha! What a happy time for your family! Are you showing a little bit yet? I want to see baby bump pics! It's not fair you guys are so far away :( LOVE YOU and your soon to be family of 5!! Yay!!! p.s. I'm placing my bet now, I think it's a girl! A sweet little prima ballerina girl!

Anonymous said...

It's a boy! I know you are going to have 6 boys so just brace yourselves ;) I hope you get feeling better!

Lindy

Becca said...

Congrats you guys!!!! I need to email you to catch up and here how medical school is going for you guys. So happy for you!!

Erin Darrington said...

Congratulations on baby and surviving through T1 :)

Sarah Rosendahl said...

We are so happy for you guys!!!! I've heard that you can tell the sex of the baby at the first ultrasound based on where the placenta is?! Here is the link: http://thestir.cafemom.com/pregnancy/114917/Know_the_Sex_of_Your

Janelle said...

Yay! Love all these new posts. And so excited for another cute Jones baby! Cute baby bump! Good thing we'll see you guys next month. Whenever Brent talks to Justin on the phone it makes me miss you guys. We really need to live closer...