Part of our birthday present to Koyle was taking him fishing, even though we couldn't do it the weekend of his birthday. But as promised we loaded up one morning and went down to Buffalo Springs. It was the perfect little fishing trip for the boys. Dad took us to a little bridge he had discovered on one of his scout campouts and it was a little boy fishing jackpot hole! They started catching fish on the 2nd cast and they kept coming in consistently.
 |
| Notice the nice green quality of the water...we didn't plan on eating anything we caught. |
 |
| Our first little baby fish-so exciting. They were all just the right size for the boys to reel in themselves |

The only fish Koyle caught on his pole was this adorable baby catfish. It was so perfect because Koyle has a special liking for catfish and often pretends to be a catfish. All morning he had been talking about catching a catfish-and then he really did! It make my heart so happy for him. And this little baby catfish was so cute I wanted to bring him home to be Koyle's pet.
 |
| This was our biggest catch of the day! There is a reason Justin has never spent the money on a Texas fishing license. |
 |
| Actually this was the biggest catch : ) I got my pictures confused. |

Justin kept telling Matthew that we were going to the croppie house to try fishing next. Matthew kept calling it the crappie house which I thought was pretty funny. When we got there I saw the sign and couldn't help but be amused to discover that croppie is actually spelled crappie! A good little chuckle.

Then we had a picnic down by the beach and let the boys wade into the water. They both kept going over by the rope but it was a little deep. Trying to keep them dry we finally got them off exploring the shore line.
And, after exploring out a too far Koyle tripped and submerged himself. So then he got to work on his tan.
Not to be outdone by his brother Matthew decided it would be good to just walk right out in his clothes too.
.JPG)
And so our adventure was over. It wasn't really warm enough to be naked and wet. It was a lot of fun and the perfect Saturday morning.
1 comment:
Carissa, if I ever have a little boy I am sending him to you! You are such a good mom for these future missionaries! I think I will stick to pink and princesses and go Tiffany's route! haha
P.s. Good job Koyle on your catfish! So happy for you!!!
Post a Comment