Oct. 2017

Oct. 2017

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

What you missed

I really should be cleaning my house right now. And I know, that's what everyone says before they post; but seriously if you saw my house, you would agree. I am slowly making my way through the chore list. I cleaned my bathroom yesterday for the first time since August!! Maybe I shouldn't make that public knowledge ; ) But you get the idea. However, I felt like getting this done instead and I am really enjoying this quiet moment in my day right now. So here are a bunch of pictures of what we have been doing the past couple months.
Matthew has started a football class from the community center and he loves it. It is pretty hilarious to watch the kids attempt some of the stuff, and I don't think the coach has a lot of experience with young kids which also makes things entertaining.

We went camping for our ward campout at Caprock Canyon. It was fun but I didn't take any pictures except a few of the buffalo as we were driving out. That was probably the highlight of the trip was the buffalo. We camped right on the lake and they would come down to drink in the morning and at night and it was fun to watch them.

 I made this orange slime to use at preschool a few weeks back and I let the boys play with it that afternoon. They both loved it. Matthew played with it ALL DAY LONG. Seriously-he played with it for about 4 hours. I love when I find something that really engages Matthew like that because I don't feel like it happens very often. It also brought out his creative side and his attention to detail which I love to see. He made some pretty intricate things with his slime. However we learned the hard way (after his slime volcano erupted and flowed down his clothes) that slime does not come off of clothes...but luckily it washes out easy.
 We took these pictures of me at 10 weeks I believe. I will be 13 weeks tomorrow! The top one is so not flattering but it makes my stomach look huge because you can actually see the whole contour of my belly. It doesn't look that big in pants. The bottom one is more flattering and I feel is a little more accurate of what I look like to most people.When will Matthew be too old for me to post pictures of him in his underwear? But this captures Matthew and our life lately.Cheese!One day the babysitter during preschool had the kids do some puff painting. Koyle was so proud of his painting and still loves it. He carried this around all day and would hold it up and say, "See, my painting!" I was so grateful to Mindy for doing this with my sweet little boy. I do less of this stuff with Koyle than I did with Matthew because so much of my effort gets put into preschool. Poor second child. He also has a picture from nursery last week he has taken a liking too. It has a special place on the fridge and he gets upset if anyone tries to take it down.
We made a special trip to the pumpkin patch the other night and my assessment was...FLOP. Our cute and cheap pumpkin patch we visited last year is where they are building Costco, so we saved our money and went to the big expensive pumpkin patch this year. It was expensive. We spent $8 to get in and $4 to go on this hay ride. We got there a little later in the evening than anticipated so we really wanted to do the hay ride first before it got late. We waited and waited and waited for the tractor to arrive. We let the kids look at the animals while we waited and they ran through the hay maze. Finally the hay ride arrived but it was already dark. Luckily we met some friends from the ward and it was fun to visit and get to know them better while we drove out to the pumpkin patch.

It was a beautiful warm night. Picking pumpkins in the dark isn't nearly as much fun as picking them in the light. By this time I was determined to get my moneys worth out of the experience and I chose the biggest pumpkin I wanted...which ended up costing me another $10. So yes, we win the award for having the MOST EXPENSIVE PUMPKIN ever this year. There was nothing else to do at the pumpkin patch, unless we wanted to spend more money, which we didn't. So we took our picture and headed home. 


And in a stroke of genius, I just realized that I can use this as my family picture for my mother-in-law. Check that off my list! We will not be going back to this pumpkin patch next year.

I have been watching my friends kids  for a week while they are on a little vacation and we decided to tackle pumpkin carving. Henry did not want to touch the inside of the pumpkin but I did get him to pull 2 seeds out. Koyle thought it was fun, but only Matthew stuck with us for the duration of cleaning out and carving 3 pumpkins.


You will have to stay tuned for pictures of our finished pumpkins since I don't have pictures of those. And now the boys are fighting so my quiet moment is over. Toodles!

3 comments:

Tami said...

we want to come to Texas and join all the fun. Don't worry, we took Cory and Tiff and the Girls to the Pumpkin Patch too and it was way way way too expensive. Tiff said next year - we're going to the grocery store--it's cheaper and easier and faster and less stress and nobody rolls around and throws hay all over the place. The pumpkin carving turned out good, just not the expensiveness of it all. And I cannot believe how grown up Mr. Koyle has gotten--can't wait to see him in, hmmmm, like eight weeks, maybe?

Brendon said...

Can't believe you got a blog post in while watching FOUR kids!!!! (Now two kids will be a piece of cake.) After we got home today, Maggie sat outside with our pumpkin for awhile saying, "Scary pumpkin," over and over. Thanks again for making a great getaway possible.

-Steph

Kimi Sheffer said...

It looks like so much fun! Pumpkin patches are SO very expensive, but FUN. I can't wait to see those kiddos soon! :)