Today was one of those days where I somehow found myself at the grocery store with no bra on. This has happened to me before. Years ago, I found myself sitting in a chapel watching the broadcast of Pres. Hinckley's funeral when I realized I had somehow gotten dressed without putting my bra on. I was less mortified today than I was years ago, but it is never a fun place to find yourself in.
This morning was a lazy morning and I just put some sweats on before eating breakfast. I even thought to myself, wouldn't it be nice to go all day in my sweats and not even have to wear a bra. Little did I know I was jinxing myself. And of course I ran into two of my friends at the store, which I never do. And Koyle cried pretty much the whole time because he wanted to eat the bananas and the bagels and the yogurt, but mom wouldn't let him. And then Matthew dropped the watermelon while trying to put it up on the cashier counter and it split open. But don't worry-we bought that watermelon anyway and we took it home and ate it for dinner.
However, it was a pretty good day. I got a lot done. I did all the laundry and folded it and put it away (except the last load that is still in the dryer), I made a super awesome preschool lesson/craft for tomorrow, got the dishes done and the family room cleaned up, sorted the bag of die cuts my mom gave at Christmas, went to Justin's basketball game, and went grocery shopping. And despite the fact that Koyle didn't sleep last night and woke up at 5:30 this morning, I am still awake and blogging with a smile on my face enjoying a rousing conversation between Bill O'Reilly and Glen Beck. Sure hope y'all had a nice day. And Brittany (and Abby, except I don't think she reads my blog) please don't tell me whether or not you noticed my saggy patties at the store today : )
8 comments:
Hah! This is wonderful. Believe it or not, I needed this. Especially since I was up with a baby at 5:30 AM, too, after a long night, and I was just grumpy and sulky. So no more woe-is-me! I'm determined to be a little more smile-y this morning. :-)
You are too funny! I love it. I wish I cold go to the store and not realize--that would be a glorious day for me--ain't gonna happen! Enjoy!
Haha! That is too funny! This was my good laugh for the day!
Had NO idea! But did hear Koyle's cries throughout the store!
Haha, oh I love it...this is why I read your blog :D well that and the super cute stories about my favorite nephews.
Good job Carissa ;) What craft did you make? Do you have any pictures of it? :)
I'm with Tami....the day I go to the grocery store without a bra and don't realize it...haha! Oh how I wish! ;) haha, thanks for the laugh!
Post a Comment