Oct. 2017

Oct. 2017

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Un-Coping

I've got nothing to say today folks except thank heavens that tomorrow is Monday! All year the 2nd years (well, their wives) have been talking about how horrible Monday tests are. And they are right. I feel for them on a whole new level now. Justin has his first Monday test tomorrow and I am totally feeling the affects of having no weekend. Not even a Sunday.
So my house is a disaster and I have no patience left for the kids. Tonight as I was tucking Matthew in I told him to go to sleep and in the morning we would have a fun day together and mommy would be happy. He said, "Yeah and you won't say 'No, no' anymore" Haha. I wish I could stop saying that. Koyle hears it the most...stop throwing your food, stop throwing the books, stop throwing the toys, stop screaming...you get the idea. But Matthew hears it a lot too. No, I don't want to play dragon again. No, dad can't play right now. No, you can't watch another movie.
My house really is a mess. I stopped caring about 2 days ago. And my kitchen floor is gross-o (thanks mostly in part to Koyle's habit of throwing everything off his high chair tray and onto the floor.) I stopped caring about the floor a while ago.
My coping mechanism has always been to "not care". Thus the my house is a mess and I don't care comments. So tomorrow I have to find a way to un-cope. It's time to care again. Good thing Justin takes his test tomorrow and will be home for the afternoon. But really. It's time to get things done regardless of whether or not my kids undo them as I go, or if they scream at my feet the whole time I try. So here is to trying harder tomorrow. Wish me luck!
 But I will leave you with a happy nugget. Koyle learned a new word today: bubble! Super adorable. Bubble was Matthew's very first word and hearing Koyle say it made me remember when Matthew was that age. He also has started doing this.

 He mostly does it when he throws something off his high chair tray and then he will point his finger and say, "no no, no no" Hilarious!! He does it other times too, like when he turns the t.v. off while Matthew is watching it. The little stinker. But he is so cute how can you really get mad at him? If he was my first child I would say he is the light and joy of my life; but saying that now somehow seems to take away from Matthew and the love and energy he brings to my life. They are both my sunshines. Even when my skies appear a little gray, they are always there shining through.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Adorable! Wish I was there to take my turn at watching the kids.

Jamie said...

So I guess is today his Monday test since school was canceled yesterday? Thanks to the 4:30 am phone call we got ;)
Koyle really is so cute! He's learning and growing and even though we're not seeing it, you keep us up to date with both him and Matthew! They're so fun to see :)

Evans Family said...

Hmmm...I think you stole my post. Of course mine isn't because of a med student, but a baby I'm growing that sucks every bit of energy out of me. I'm with ya though...I've decided this is going to be life for a while so I better figure out how to make it work. :) Its 3pm and I've actually stayed busy all day! Go me!

Kevin and Kimi said...

Cute! Koyle is adorable.