Oct. 2017

Oct. 2017

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Halloween 2012: Trunk-or-Treat

Halloween this year was a little uneventful. But how exciting is it really with a 3 year old and a 1 year old? I didn't even do a cute Halloween craft with the kids or anything today. Well, that's not true. We were going to decorate our trunk as a ghost for the trunk-or-treat tonight. We thought we would let the kids try to throw a ball through the eyes or mouth. As we were figuring out how to cut our giant white sheet, I thought it might be fun to let the kids paint. So we decided to do a monster instead so the boys could paint it green. Sounds like fun right? Bad idea. Koyle actually really enjoyed himself, and painted his whole body green. He also sat right in the middle of where we were trying to paint and was oh so helpful. Matthew was not interested at all and ran around wild in his underwear while I tried to finish the painting and keep Koyle under control. Then Matthew ripped the sheet while I had it hanging up to see how the finish product looked. Justin ended up sewing it back together with black thread to give it a sort of Frankenstein feel. I guess all the hassle was worth it because it actually turned out great; it was fun to see all the little kids get a little leery to reach their hand in and grab some candy.
    After the trunk-or-treat we stopped by one friends house and visited for a few minutes. Then we put the kids in bed and Justin headed off to study for his test on Friday. We only got one group of 3 trick-or treaters. So either we missed them all while we were gone or we just don't get a lot around here. Good thing I bought a whole bag of good candy to pass out. Maybe I will save it for Christmas. And now, without further ado, some pictures:
 These first few are from Monday. We had a few friends over to carve pumpkins and enjoy some wassail.
Matthew and his buddy playing while the adults carved pumpkins

We did an owl this year. Justin did a great job and I love the way it turned out
Greg, Justin and Brad with their masterpieces
The boys in their matching Halloween shirts. How many years will I get away with that?
The boys together getting ready to go trick-or-treating.
Our monster trunk!
Our adorable little monkey. I like this picture because it looks like he is doing a Tarzan call or something!

Koyle has been addicted to sugar and candy the past few days and he figured out right away that people were putting candy in his bag. It is going to be a long week before we get rid of all the candy and he forgets about it.

Happy Halloween y'all!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am seriously missing you guys. You sure you don't want to come to Arizona for Thanksgiving?

Myranda said...

Love the trunk! It looks great! And enjoy the non-eventful Halloweens because someday soon that will all disappear...trust me. :)