- Finally started walking!! He really took off on Thursday the 18th. I guess he finally decided that walking was a desirable skill. He is still not very stable but he is getting better each day. He almost always tries to walk somewhere first, then when he falls he just crawls. It is pretty adorable to watch him wobble around. I am so glad he is walking but sometimes it makes me sad because that means my baby is really growing up and not a baby anymore. (video coming soon, it is on my other computer)
- Koyle has done most things later than Matthew, but I am pretty sure he will be talking before Matthew. He already tries to mimic animal sounds. My favorite are his cow, lion and sheep. He says hot and tries to say soft. On Friday he said "owl" plain as day, and he has done it again a few times. I have an owl picture hanging above the changing table that Koyle loves to look at and point at so I always tell him that they are owls. This time I told him, "owl" and repeated it back! I was shocked. He is trying to mimic our words more and more.
- Sadly, Koyle is down to taking only one nap a day. And it usually isn't much longer than an hour. This means I have to be on my game to get the most important things done during that brief time. It also means that by the evening time he is CRANKY. Most days he goes to bed around 7:30, although sometimes he goes down as early as 7, and occasionally he is happy enough to make it until 8. He had been waffling between one and two naps for a while, but when I took his binky away at the beginning of the month, it pretty much sealed the deal. He has done much better than I expected without the binky. And it only took about 3 days for him to learn to go to sleep easily without it. We did have a few early mornings because he would wake up and then not have the binky to go back to sleep. But he got over that too and is back to waking up around 7:15 most mornings.
- Favorite foods: yogurt, animal crackers, cereal with milk, peanut butter & jelly sandwich, oatmeal, most breads and grains, bananas, grapes, string cheese. He can be kind of a picky eater sometimes, but then he will surprise us like last night when he gobbled down the pumpkin soup that had curry in it! I'm pretty sure he doesn't like garlic. Other than that it is kind of hit or miss if he will eat it or not. But he is always hungry and would snack all day if I let him. You should see the kid shove an entire large marshmallow in his mouth-hilarious! He insists on feeding himself, and has to be using a fork or spoon to start but will eventually resort to fingers.
- Koyle really loves to color on the chalkboard, and to color with crayons. The other day I gave him a paintbrush and water, and him and Matthew sat and painted the entire chalkboard-giggling the whole time. Justin says his favorite thing to do is cry and whine : ) But he is normally a happy kid; just not in the evenings which is when Justin is mostly home.
- Koyle loves to read books! Right now his favorite are Brown Bear, Brown Bear, Panda in the Park, and The Puppy Book. If the house is quiet, I know Koyle is in reading books. Or rather I should say tearing all the books off the bookshelf. He loves to sit on my little purple chair and then he can reach all the books. He will look at one for about 3 seconds, then throw it on the ground until he can't reach any more.
- Koyle is fascinated by all pictures and anything that is hanging on the walls. But he especially loves looking at family photos.
- Koyle loves to set up Matthew's tee, but a ball on top, and then hit it with the bat. He will do this as long as I will help him get the ball back. It is pretty cute to watch because the bat is twice his size. Another favorite game of his is to simply hit a ball around the family room with his bat, chasing it wherever it goes. He likes playing trains, when Matthew lets him. He even got two pieces of track put together on his own this morning! He LOVES his purple beads. The day isn't complete until he has his purple beads around his neck.
- I have been working on getting Koyle to enjoy the bath more. I think he learned that the tub is a dangerous place because Matthew was always knocking him over, splashing him, etc. I noticed that when Koyle bathes by himself he does so much better. And since Matthew has been wanting to shower more often lately, I have been letting Koyle bathe on his own. He still won't crawl around at all. He pretty much just stays put where he starts. But he will play more, and longer. I really need to find a good indoor pool and take the boys swimming. Koyle doesn't ever really moo for me here, but it is still cute and you get to see how he folds his arms. (I apologize for the weird formatting here but blogger is retarded and always does weird things)
| Getting cleaned up after dinner one night-daddy style |
| Sporting their more formal Boise State colors. |
3 comments:
You should always do Koyle's hair curly like that- I love it! Can't wait to see those cute boys in a couple months!
I love the picture of Koyle in the sink getting washed by Justin! It just made me laugh- that is totally Justin. :) Your boys are so cute and are getting big too fast! I hope you guys are loving it out there- I know it always takes awhile to feel comfortable in a new place. Anyway, your family is adorable and we miss you guys!
Post a Comment