Oct. 2017

Oct. 2017

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Justin

Just a few moments with Justin today that I would like to remember:

  • Today while I was making lunch (cantelope and chocolate chip pancakes), Justin was changing the boys out of their church clothes. Koyle was screaming and carrying on as he usually does. The kid hates to get his clothes or diapers changed. I overheard the following conversation between Justin and Koyle:
J: Koyle, get over it. You have to get dressed every day of your life.
K: still crying
J: Seriously, you have to get dressed every day. Except for your honeymoon. Then you can stay naked all day if you want. But other than that you have to get dressed
K: still crying

Awesome honey! Good thing he doesn't understand yet. But seriously, I love the way Justin talks to the boys. He is always so matter of fact and honesty. It always makes me smile.


  • Then at lunch we were happily eating our pancakes with peanut butter and chocolate chips when Justin had this conversation with Matthew
J: Matthew, when is your mother...
M: Are you talking to me?
J: Yes, I am
M: Why?
J: Because I am sabotaging your mother. So Matthew, when is your mother going to learn that some things are just better without chocolate chips in them?

This is when I entered the conversation:
  C: Seriously? They are chocolate chip pancakes. You are the only person I know who complains about their wife making them eat chocolate chip pancakes.
J: I'm just saying, I like my food plain.
C: They are chocolate chip pancakes!
J: I just always tell you to make some without chocolate in them for me. You finally learned to do that with your zucchini bread.....

I will end the dialog there. Yet another reason why I love Justin. He can always make me laugh. And yes folks, he was being serious. He really prefers plain food and doesn't appreciate chocolate as much as I do. Makes my job as cook pretty easy.

8 comments:

Brittany said...

I like my pancakes plain too, no chocolate, but zucchini bread....load the chocolate chips.

Anonymous said...

Helllooooo! Who doesn't like chocolate chips? and seriously if you are lucky Koyle, there will be more than one naked day in your life. I'm just saying.....

Becca said...

The honeymoon part made me laugh so hard! And Jaxson is the same way by the way. He screams whenever he is changed or clothed. Why is that? It is really the ONLY time he fusses like that. Crazy kids

Evans Family said...

Haha! I have similar conversations with Ryan, only its about nuts... :)

Janelle said...

Haha I miss you guys!

Tiffany said...

Lol. Oh, Justin. This is why we love you. :)

Becca said...

Landon says....

I am Landon Woolf and I agree with everything said in this post... by Justin.

(scribe... becca)

Kimi Sheffer said...

Good to know that Michael is not the only one who hates his clothes and diaper changed. We are STILL having to strap him in his changing table. Otherwise he tries to climb down or into the window sill.

And we just have to love Justin. :)