It's time for a good update of Koyle, even though I will get to do another one for his birthday in a few weeks. It is a little scary that he is going to be 1 in just a month! He is still just my little baby. But he has really taken off and started growing up on me the past week or two. So I'll save all the boring stats for his birthday post : ) and just entertain you with some pictures and video.
Koyle LOVES his little dog that came with his blanket (compliments of Troy & Sarah-best Christmas gift ever!). I don't know if he likes it because it is the same material as his blanket, or just because he loves it, but either way he gets the biggest grin and will give the dog lots of loves and hugs-so cute!
Koyle LOVES the pen bucket. I may have mentioned this before. It never gets old for him. Sometimes he will try putting the pens back in but he never makes it very far because it is just too exciting to pull them out.
 |
| Love this picture. He is so cute in those overalls and green shirt, and that is a classic Koyle look on his face. |

Koyle still loves the piano, but I get tired of holding him in front of it all the time. So one day I just stuck him in his high chair in front of the keyboard. Baby heaven! Matthew loves dancing to the music and Koyle can get some pretty sweet beats going. He has found more settings on the keyboard then I even knew existed.
 |
| Just because he's cute! And I think this picture makes him look grown up. |

Koyle has really discovered books and LOVES the reading corner. He will often wander off here on his own. He doesn't love me actually reading books to him very much, so we are working on it. He has started pointing at things with his little finger and it is adorable. So I can keep him focused for a minute by pointing at things on the page. He also enjoys pointing to the people in the pictures on our wall.

And of course he is a huge help in unloading the dishwasher! (I may have been heard to say that dishwashers weren't that big of a deal and I could go without and it would be fine...what was I thinking? Dishwashers are a great thing!)

I really wanted to get Koyle a little pool for his birthday because all he ever wants to do is splash his hands and feet in the bathroom sink. He will sit at the bathroom counter and cry and whine until I pick him up and let him play; or he throws a fit when I don't let him. Anyways, I knew if we waited until September it would be too cold to swim, so we bought a hose and pool now and called it his birthday present. We figured he has enough presents from Grandma waiting to be opened that he will be just fine on his birthday. The weather has been pretty cool the past couple of weeks so we haven't gotten to use it as much as I hoped, but I don't think the summer is really over yet. And when we are done swimming, we dump the water out on the front lawn and call it watering the grass. Thanks to that and the rain our yard is actually starting to turn green again!

This picture is for Grandma Tanya. Koyle likes to pretend like his is riding a roller coaster! Ever since he was little he will throw both arms up in the air and smile when he gets happy or excited.

Another pen bucket picture, but I liked it so it got included. Koyle is getting pretty good at holding his balance. He loves to try and stand up on his own, or let go of things and see how much he can move before he falls down. He also enjoys walking around holding onto our hands.
This picture doesn't do his head justice. I should have taken one last night when all the bruises and black eye have turned black and purple instead of just red and swollen. Koyle tends to get his arms tangled up under himself when he crawls a lot, leading to many smashed faces into the tile. He has a couple of really good bruises on his forehead right now. And then he pulled the computer stand onto himself the other day and it landed right on his eye. It is all swollen and has gone through every color of the rainbow. Right now it is that nasty greenish yellow color. Poor little boy-he looks like he has been through a war.
I had gotten a really awesome video of Koyle playing with the piggy bank-but it wasn't working! So if I can figure it out I will post it later. Koyle has really been keeping me on my toes lately. I am constantly trying to find new things to challenge him and pique his curiosity. He can also throw a mean tantrum when he wants to. He wants to be just like Matthew and do what Matthew does, but he just isn't quite old enough and that really frustrates him at times. Some days I want him to hurry and grow up and other days I just want him to snuggle with me on the couch and be my Baby K forever!
2 comments:
He has stolen my heart! What a sweetie!
That comment was from Sarah.
Post a Comment