Oct. 2017

Oct. 2017

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Soul Train

This morning we had a sweet experience with Matthew. During the night he got the croup (big surprise, he gets croup all the time. Luckily he is old enough now that it doesn't wipe him out, but it still sounds so sad when he coughs, and it was a pretty strong cough today). I knew his throat really was hurting because the first thing he said when he got up this morning was, "Mommy, I sick." This morning as I was getting his breakfast ready he walked over to Justin and said, "Daddy, a little help my cough go away." So Justin told him that he would give him a blessing. It was a sweet moment as Justin explained to Matthew what he was going to do and what a blessing was. Justin explained to Matthew that if he followed Jesus, then his cough would get better. Matthew's response: "I follow the steam engine. You be the engine dad and I be the caboose." (One of Matthew's new favorite games is to be the train and we follow each other around. He even made the nurse at Koyle's doctor appointment yesterday be the engine as we followed her down the hallway) So then, Justin gave Matthew a blessing and at the end he reiterated that if Matthew followed Jesus, then his cough would get better. At which point, Matthew assigned himself to be the engine, Justin to be the middle car, and mom to be the end car. We then ran through the house in a line. We will keep working on the whole following Jesus thing : )
* And as a sidenote: After Matthew got out of the bath this morning he had a little coughing spell and he said to me, " I need another blessing mom." Patience my child, patience!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Aw, he is such a good boy. You've got a GREAT little family Carissa :) I miss you guys so much, you have no idea!

Becca said...

so so so cute and really great!