Koyle weighed in at 15 lbs 3 1/2 oz. He is 25 inches long and is head circumference is 42 cm. I expected him to weigh a little more, and the doctor even said his weight had slowed a little more than she expected, but he is fine. The fact that he pukes up most everything he eats probably explains a lot. But don't get me wrong, he is still getting plenty chunky. He is starting to settle into a somewhat predictable routine. He usually eats every 2 hours, unless he is sleeping. And he will usually go down for a nap every 2 hours after he wakes up. He is starting to take longer naps which is wonderful, but sometimes we still play the cat nap game. His night sleeping has been a little off lately because we have all had a cough and cold. But generally he will do a 6-8 hour stretch, and then another 2-4 hour stretch depending on what time he wakes up the first time. He generally goes down from the night between 8-9 and wakes up between 7-8. I have nothing to really complain about when it comes to his sleeping.
He is drooling up a storm and likes to chew on things. He has started chewing on his own fingers a lot, and he has discovered his toes when he is laying down. My favorite thing is that whenever you get close enough he will grab onto your arm and snuggle it in. This makes diaper changes a little tricky since he hangs on to one arm for dear life!
His new trick is sitting up all by himself in the boppy! He loves to sit and is getting pretty good at it. He will be sitting up on his own before we know it.
Matthew is a train boy. Everything is about trains. He can relate everything to a train somehow, and he does. It is so cute to see his passion about them. I always wish I could just take him on train rides all the time because he gets so excited just talking about it. Next to trains, he also really loves blocks. Usually we make trains out of blocks, but we also do rockets, and occasionally other things. He also loves to paint so I try to let him get plenty of art opportunities.
His favorite movies are Dumbo (because he loves the train, Casey Jr.) and Polar Express. He is learning to sing more and more and I love it. I am always surprised when he will start singing a song that I had no idea he knew. Anytime there is something that makes his voice echo kind of like a microphone, Matthew will pray. It is kind of funny because he will be playing and then all of a sudden I will hear him praying. Matthew is discovering the world of make-believe and pretend. He loves to help me wash the dishes (or dishing, as he calls it) and bake cookies. We are currently trying to potty train-more on than in another post. Sometimes he can be a defiant, naughty little boy but I just try to remind myself that all 2 year old boys are that way. Usually he is very sweet.
Well, I could go on forever about my boys. I just want to remember everything about them, and all the cute things they do and say. To end, here are a few more cute pictures:
2 comments:
Love it! Your boys are getting so big and they are so cute. I love hearing what they're doing :)
Love those kiddos, can't believe it might be April before I see them again.
Post a Comment