Oct. 2017
Thursday, January 26, 2012
Looking for some gusto
My house looks like a windstorm blew through it; funny thing is that's how it always looks these days. I did have it all picked up this afternoon, but you would never know. I have a million things I need to update you on: potty training, funerals and sickness in the family, more potty training, medical school interviews, colds and no sleep, birthdays and anniversary...but I just don't really feel like it. I find that doing those mundane things over and over (dishes, picking up, laundry, dishes, picking up, laundry) just take all the gusto out of me at times. So while I should be cleaning up my house and washing the dishes tonight, I think I am going to eat a bowl of ice cream and watch cupcake wars. But first I must get Matthew, who just ran out of his room telling me he had a good night, asleep. How can you get upset when he sincerely thought he had slept all night, when in reality he never fell asleep? Oh, my cute little boys-how I love you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I've decided that I have a free "dirty house without any guilt" card for the next...at least 4 years. At least until I move into an actual house. It sure takes the wind out of your sails when you have a tiny apartment and you spend 4 hours getting it spotless and it takes about 20 minutes to get it about 5 times worse than it started. haha. I'm glad you took a nice break!
Ice cream makes
Ice cream makes everything better. You're right who could get mad at that cute little face. Maybe if you offered a trip to Grandmas house at the end of his chart he would get there faster............I'm just saying the right motivator works wonders.
Post a Comment