Oct. 2017

Oct. 2017

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Still Pregnant

Yes, I am still waiting to have a baby. But I am actually in good spirits and feeling quite well. Last Tuesday at my appointment I was dilated to a 2. That was good news. Dr. Dewey said to come back in on Friday morning and if I had progressed and was looking ready then he would go ahead and start me. So, we got all our ducks in a row and Friday morning we headed off to the doctor. Unfortunately I had not dilated any more. My cervix was a little softer and thinner but not enough for him to feel good about inducing me. So he said to call him that night at 6 and if anything had changed we would go from there. Our families, who had been on call that morning, decided they were going to come down for the weekend anyways since it was the only chance the grandpa's would have to see the baby before October. I came home determined to put myself into labor within the next 48 hours. Justin and I went on a VERY long walk. For those of you who know the area, we walked down to the Buy Low Parking Lot and got an ice cream cone at our new favorite place JCW Burgers. It was probably about 2 miles and took us around 2 hours, including stopping to eat our ice cream. But nothing happened. I mopped, vacuumed, did some accupressure, relaxed, you name it. But alas I did not go into labor. Saturday afternoon still nothing and it was time for everyone to go home. I felt bad that they had to leave empty handed. My mom decided to stay because Dr. Dewey had told me to call him Sunday morning and he was hoping to be able to do it on Sunday. Well, we drove down to Payson Sunday afternoon all prepared once again to stay and have a baby...but it was not meant to be. I still had not progressed or done anything at all. Lame. All that walking for nothing. (Looking through my pregnancy journal from last time I did the same thing with Matthew-started dilating and was effaced, but then just sat there for a couple weeks until BAM! one day I just decided to have a baby.) Anyways, we came back home, but this time with a for sure appointment for Wednesday morning. Justin is leaving out of town on Saturday and I told Dr. Dewey that I didn't really want to go later than my due date of Thursday because I wasn't going to wait and have Justin gone, or leaving the next morning when I had my baby.
My mom went home Sunday afternoon, ready to come back on Wednesday after we give her the for sure that I am having my baby. I felt really bad that she had come and stayed and then I never actually had the baby. But putting that factor aside I feel good about how everything has turned out. I only had two worries about delivering in my doctor's birthing center instead of in the hospital. One, that he would induce me before I was ready just for convenience sake and I would end up having a long, hard labor, and two, making sure the baby got the care he needed. Dr. Dewey assured me all along that he would check me regularly at the end and we would wait until I was ready to have the baby. It's not his fault that my body was showing signs of being ready, but then decided to just hold off for a few more days. So even though he wanted to do it on Sunday, he said let's wait. No point in having a long labor if you don't need to. It is all working out as planned and I feel comfortable being induced on Wednesday and I really do like my doctor. So hopefully all goes well tomorrow, and unless something crazy happens, I really will be having a baby. Yeah!

1 comment:

Zachary and Rachel Toomey said...

You are in our prayers! Hoping he is ready on Wed!