I just wanted to record some of the cute and silly things Matthew has been doing lately.
- We all know that Matthew loves 'Happy Day' parties and so last weekend when we told him we were going to have a Boise State Party, he thought we were having a birthday party for Boise State. He kept asking all day to blow out the candles and I just couldn't resist giving in. So when we had our BBQ, I stuck some candles in his salmon, we sang happy birthday to Boise State, and then he got to blow out the candles. Luckily, Boise State won which really did make it a happy day.
- The other day we were cleaning the house and we found Matthew doing this:
- He LOVES to go to the park and swing and go down the slides.
- When Matthew gets hungry and dinner is not ready yet he will climb up in his high chair and then say a prayer to bless the food in hopes that doing so will make it time to eat.
- He loves to sing "Follow the Prophet" and can identify fairly accurately pictures of the prophet. (This was a surprise to me when I found out. I guess they have been learning about prophets in nursery because I did not teach him who the prophet was.)
- YouTube is still one of his favorite activities. He currently really loves watching old Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck cartoons, Curious George episodes, or anything to do with the alphabet. He also loves to play on Starfall.com with me and is getting pretty good at his letters considering he is only 2.
- Matthew always pretends to be a puppy and he will crawl around and make me pet him.
- He also loves to pretend that he is a baby. He will crawl into the crib and lay there, kind of flailing his arms and legs and whining as a baby would. He will also cry and then tell me that he is a baby. This one, although a great use of his creative skills, I don't find very fun.
3 comments:
Aaaah! That kid is so stinkin cute!!! I love the Happy Day to Boise State :) You're such a good mom Cris. Can't wait to see what the new little boy will be like :)
Lindy
Hey, have you guys decided on a name for sure?
Matthew being on this "happy day" kick has made me want to join a gospel choir.. Oh Happy Day! He is so cute :)
Post a Comment