Oct. 2017

Oct. 2017

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Matthew Update

While I should be doing some 'responsible' things like washing the dishes, cleaning out the humidifier, etc. I really wanted to do a post about Matthew before the baby is born. He is getting so grown up and so smart. Matthew is very good at singing his ABC's-well, for a 2 year old I think he is good : ) He sings them all the time. One day he actually sang the whole thing and it went something like this: ABCD..FG..JKLMNOP..RS..T..WX..YZ It was so cute. I have tried to get him to do it again on camera but he usually just gets stuck on the LMNOP part because he really likes that part. This is not the best video of him singing as far as accuracy goes, but I think it's pretty cute:


He is also getting really good at his shapes, thanks to the shape train you tube video. He knows star, heart, square, and triangle. He also tries to identify pentagon and hexagon but doesn't do it accurately. I love listening to him try to say those words though. And when he is watching the number train he says all the numbers well and a lot of the time will say it before it tells him what the next number is, but he doesn't count very well on his own. He usually just says, 1 2 5. This is a picture of him watching videos with his dad:
The last few weeks in Primary Matthew has really started engaging during singing time. He is so cute to watch, I love that I get to be there to see him. He loves to sing the songs at home too, and is repertoire is growing.

I bought this sweatshirt at SVU before I graduated and have just been waiting for Matthew to grow into it. It was pretty chilly the other morning when we were going out and I was so excited to put this on him.
I always ask Matthew what he wants to wear in the morning and he will usually tell me. He doesn't just pick the same thing every day either, he really knows which shirts he has and what he wants to wear. I also ask him every day what he wants to eat for lunch. His answers always make me laugh. Sometimes he chooses normal things like Macaroni and Cheese or a bagel and yogurt. But some days he wants things like ice cream and a pickle. Silly boy.

And I should mention that he has learned how to open the refrigerator. We have only had one major spilling of orange juice so far, but he loves to get into the fridge so I know it is only a matter of time before something else brakes or spills. He also tries to microwave things which is a little dangerous. And while he has known how to open his bedroom door for a while, he has actually started doing it this week. So far it hasn't been a big problem though.

He loves drawing on the whiteboard and we spend a lot of time drawing pictures for him. I wish I could say my artistic abilities were improving as a result, but I don't think they are. We did finger painting last week and Matthew loved it. He mostly enjoyed painting his tummy and arms, but he did make some sweet pictures. The camera battery died so we only got a picture at the beginning and not at the end.

And Matthew got a cold from Justin this weekend. So far it has just been a runny nose so nothing serious. Except last night he did cough a few times in his sleep and his cough always has that croupy sound that gives me instant dread. Hopefully it clears up quickly and we don't have to worry about the baby catching the cold.

5 comments:

Evans Family said...

So fun! And I want to know why you think asking for pickles and ice cream is weird? I'm sure he's seen you eat that, especially sine you're pregnant...I'm just sayin.

Stephanie said...

So cute! Cambrie misses the same letters (usually) as Matthew does. You're brave to do finger paint! Though from the picture I see you prepared well for the mess. Enjoy these last few days before the new baby comes, and good luck with everything labor/delivery and new baby related!

Janelle said...

We love the picture of Matthew and Justin watching videos. So cute! Can't wait for your number two to arrive. Good luck!! Wish we'd be able to come and visit you at the hospital like we did when Matthew was born.

Kelly said...

So fun! I love seeing what you guys are up to :) Good luck tomorrow!

Becca said...

So cute! Love all the cute pictures. Especially the one with him on justins shoulders. Good luck today!!!! :)