Oct. 2017

Oct. 2017

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Pregnant

My life these days can pretty much be summed up by saying, "I blame it on being pregnant." If you noticed at the top of my blog, I am carrying around a watermelon, that is full size but still managing to move around. The translation of that is: I am very uncomfortable and tired all the time. The last few days my patience has been low to non-existent and poor Matthew has had to put up with me. Or should I say that poor me has had to put up with Matthew? But seriously, I just need to have a baby. Bending down all the time and sitting on the floor is such an ordeal and so uncomfortable. I get so sick of picking up Matthew's things all day, or getting down on the floor to 'play', or having to pick him up because he won't cooperate. Holding him isn't very much fun anymore either, especially if I am sitting and trying to hold Matthew. My lap just isn't big enough and then baby gets all squished up in my ribs. My pants are all too tight and I hate wearing them. I try to wear my skirts as much as possible or I just take my pants off and walk around the house that way because otherwise I get even more cranky from my pants being too tight. (This baby has sat so low this pregnancy that this has been a problem since the first trimester.) I dislike doing the dishes because the counter hits my stomach right at the biggest point, which also happens to be right where my belly button is and I hate my belly button being touched, especially when it is stretched and bulging as it is now. So apart from having to lean over to do the dishes because I can't get close enough to the counter to reach the sink, it is uncomfortable. And my back aches and my feet get tired. I just want to sit on the couch.
Since that is not an option I am doing my best to put a smile on my face, be patient, and keep my house running. Today I am going to attempt finger painting with Matthew. Wish me luck.

2 comments:

Becca said...

I am at work. And I seriously just laughed out loud through this whole post. I love it! I love how honest you are. You're so close!!! Good luck the next couple of weeks.

J&K Gallacher said...

I totally feel you...I'm right behind you! I hope things get better soon...meaning that sweet little boy comes soon! I hope Matthew adjusts well, and that all your aches and pains go away! We miss you guys. Oh and guess what???...I just got called to be primary chorister a few weeks ago...do you still have that calling? I had to laugh. I guess I will always follow in your footsteps!