Oct. 2017

Oct. 2017

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Justin's Happy Day Celebration

Justin turned 25 on Tuesday!! We are getting so old. I'll admit, I didn't do a whole lot to make his birthday special; I will blame that on being pregnant. On Monday (since there was no school due to the holiday) we decided to go to the arcade and play Skee-Ball. This was my attempt at creativity since Justin was turning 25, a quarter of a century, you use quarters to play arcade games.....you get the idea. So we rounded up all our spare change and had a little family outing. Matthew of course enjoyed it because he has taken after his mother and really loves arcade games, especially Skee-Ball. Matthew got some sweet little toys with his tickets too. Then we walked around the outdoor mall and I got to spend my Bath & Body Works gift card that I've had forever, and Matthew got to play in the splash fountains. Oh man did he think that was spectacular!!So even though the focus of the day was kind of on Matthew, we still had fun hanging out as a family. On Tuesday, Justin opened his present from his mother (my present he got a few weeks ago because it was something he used on his trip to his interview) and talked to everyone who called to wish him a happy birthday. My day had been a little crazy but I did manage to bake him a delicious carrot cake. The cake got finished in time to sing happy birthday and blow out candles, but he had to take it to bishopric meeting with him and eat it there. Matthew loved the celebration so much that we sang to him and blew out candles again the next night. : )
So Happy Day to you Justin. I promise that I will throw you an awesome party celebration when you turn 30!

2 comments:

Jamie Shigeno said...

Happy Birthday Justin!

Looks like you guys had an awesome day, and very creative Carissa with the quarters. Man, we're getting old! :)

I know you guys are usually super busy when you come to Boise, but next time you head this way give me a call, it's been way tooo long since I've seen you all!

Congrats on the new baby!

Shaina said...

Happy Birthday to Justin! That's so cute how much Matthew liked the birthday festivities. I love how toddlers enjoy celebrating--even when I do something as simple as choke down my vitamin each morning, Jay claps and says "yay, Mommy!!"

also: my favorite arcade game is skee ball too! :)