- Last week Kimi and I canned 42 pounds of pears! It was surprisingly easy and went pretty quickly. They turned out awesome; they kept a pretty white color, and they taste great. I am excited to use them for baby food this winter and Justin is excited to eat them for dinner. Now I am just watching for a great deal on peaches so I can store some of those away. (If anybody knows of a great deal, please pass that info along.)
- Justin got another interview request. This one is for Virginia Commonwealth University which is in Richmond, VA. He will be flying out for that on Sept. 26th. I am a little jealous that he gets to go to Virginia without me. But aside from the cost factor, I don't think I will want to go a week after having a baby.
- One of my life goals has been to make a good angel food cake from scratch. Tonight I was successful!! I got the recipe from one of the chef's I like off of Food Network and it worked great. The cake tasted awesome and it looked pretty beautiful if I do say so myself.
- We discovered some educational train videos on you tube the other day and there is one that Matthew likes in particularly. He now knows that A is for apple and it makes the "a" sound. (Or at least he repeats those things independently, whether or not he really understands what he is saying.) It is just a preview video so they only do the letter A and I wish I had the other letters for him to watch because he obviously picked up on that quickly. He also loves to watch the number train video and is remembering more numbers.
- Can I just say that money is no fun.
- Things are progressing well with baby. The nurses are always impressed with my weight gain and I am kind of impressed myself. I haven't tried to gain less weight this time, but I guess that is what happens when you have no appetite for 9 months. But overall I am feeling well, although I am ready to be done. I have definitely been more sensitive to the heat the last week or so and am ready for fall to show up.
- Cory and Tiffany moved back to Utah this weekend. We are excited to get to see them more often.
- And Matthew is just cute and has been a lot of fun lately. However, it is like he woke up on his birthday knowing that he had hit the terrible two's. He hasn't been terrible yet, but definitely exerting his will more and it is getting harder to change his mind. He has also taken to telling us to "Go away." It is pretty cute really.
7 comments:
Well at least he is feeling a little independent. Better enjoy it now, cuz he'll probably want all your attention once the baby is here and taking so much of it. Seriously, a pregnant lady and a brand new Mom canned all those pears. I did pears once and hated it. It took forever and I got like 6 jars. I swore never again, and so far I have kept my word.
Way to go Justin! I hope you guys end up somewhere really cool (like Virginia or New York) so we can come visit! haha and that cake looks DIVINE! When I grow up I want to cook like you, Carissa!
That cake looks delicious! Nice job. And ever since we talked in Idaho, I've been talking to Brent about how much fun it would be to go to med school in Virginia or somewhere close. Especially if we can be there with you guys!
You and Kimi Rock - Wow that is alot of pears!!
The pears are beautiful! Sorry, not voting for Virginia but if that's the only place he gets in, I guess it'll have to do. And I'm pretty sure anything taught with a train or a copter will have Matthew's full attention and he'll learn it accidentally. Yay for the letter "A"! Ya gotta start somewhere!
Tami
YES! The cake WAS amazing :).
I'm just here to tell you that, yes, kids do have a timer built in that tells them when they have hit the "terrible twos" and from my experience there is another one for the "thoroughly terrible threes", but then finally we catch a break with the one for "fabulous fours"...at least thats my experience. hahaha
If you aren't gonna have a momma with you when Justin leaves let me know. Seems like a good chance for some sista time! :)
Post a Comment