Call me white trash, or call me creative, but I do believe this is one of my better ideas. Long story short I purchased a new shower curtain that I found really cheap and it ended up being a little short, and very see through. Upon pondering what to do about purchasing a shower curtain (I have never bought a real shower curtain I just always use the cheap plastic liners) I came up with this most awesome idea. I used all my scrap fabric and created a strip curtain. Obviously I was going for the more fun look since that is what I had to work with, but I think it turned out really cute. I wish I had made it a little bit longer, but there is no going back at this point. I finished this afternoon and it is nice to actually have some color and decor in my bathroom. I also love that I used up a bunch of those scraps I have been saving.
Oct. 2017
Wednesday, July 6, 2011
Shower Curtain
Call me white trash, or call me creative, but I do believe this is one of my better ideas. Long story short I purchased a new shower curtain that I found really cheap and it ended up being a little short, and very see through. Upon pondering what to do about purchasing a shower curtain (I have never bought a real shower curtain I just always use the cheap plastic liners) I came up with this most awesome idea. I used all my scrap fabric and created a strip curtain. Obviously I was going for the more fun look since that is what I had to work with, but I think it turned out really cute. I wish I had made it a little bit longer, but there is no going back at this point. I finished this afternoon and it is nice to actually have some color and decor in my bathroom. I also love that I used up a bunch of those scraps I have been saving.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Great idea!!!
Love it! What a great idea!
Look at you Ms. Creative! I love it!
Definitely a great use for all the fabric scraps you don't want to waste, but really, what else can you make out of them? Very cute.
Fun!
I think it is amazing and when it is through being a shower curtain, you can repurpose it (that's a new word I learned from HGTV) to a quilt. I even recognize some of the fabric. But I want to know what the fun brown polka dot strip made in its first life?
Way to go Carissa! Who would have thought we would become sewers?!? (Can I actually consider myself one after one project? heehee)
I love it! It's crafty AND machine-washable!
I can answer that Tanya -- Carissa used it to make my nursing cover. :)
Post a Comment