Oct. 2017

Oct. 2017

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Annual Family Reunion

Last week was my favorite week of every summer: the Stimpson family reunion. We go up to Big Smoky in the Sawtooth Mountains of Idaho to the same place on the same weekend. It wouldn't be summer without the reunion. This year was awesome. The weather was perfect and we had a really good turn out. The bugs were thick, but after Jon and Mike used their fog machines, we had no problems. It was fun to watch Matthew enjoy camping and begin to love the things that I loved myself as a child: fishing off the bridge, playing in the river, drinking out of the green pump, riding the 4-wheeler, going hiking, playing in the dirt, and hanging out with cousins ("the boys" as Matthew calls them). The National Guard was doing training while we were up there and so every day big helicopters and jets would fly overhead. Matthew LOVED it and would sit in his chair and wait for the "black copters" to come. The highlight for me was probably staying up late every night playing bump bump with Brian & Missy. It was also fun to take Justin up to the hot springs this year; for some reason I had never taken him yet. And I had one of the best roasted marshmallows ever-yum. I know Justin had a good time playing the paintball wars, as well as climbing mountains trying to catch a couple fawns. As always we ended the week by eating lunch at the Wrangler on our way down the mountain where I enjoyed my all time favorite marshmallow shake.
Fishing on the bridge with dad
Matthew didn't love to to touch the fish, but he had no problems kissing them.

Matthew always wanted to "ride green" with Dad
We took the kids to Baumgardners to swim one day.
Justin ready to go paintball

And now just some pictures of family to remember
Rylee
Shirley, Grandma Jeannie, Susan
Grandpa

Aunty Kristy w/ Matthew
Cooper and Maddi

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

Ok, that kissy fish pic kind of makes me want to hurl.... I think that's why you have the boys and I have the girls in the Jones fam. :) Glad you had a great time!

Kevin and Kimi said...

hmm... Matthew seems okay with kissing anything. It's too bad those fish lips went right on my two week old's head, but I'm sure they were clean by the time he got back :P

Evans Family said...

Ahhh, the good times of the reunion. However, you left out one very important thing from the reunion...The barf fest afterwards! heehee