Oct. 2017

Oct. 2017

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

This and That

I have a few random things I have been wanting to blog about and so here they go:
  • I had been teaching a little community preschool with a friend this year and it ended a few weeks ago. This is a picture of us on the last day that we did our program. (For some reason it is all fuzzy.) We originally had 7 kids but by the end of the year we only had 5 left. It was so much fun and a great experience for me. It was also fun for Matthew to get to play with friends every week. It has been nice to not have to worry about making lesson plans, but I do miss it some days.
  • It's pretty much official now that Matthew has outgrown his crib. I'm just not quite ready to move him to a regular bed yet. I want to wait until the summer craziness is mostly over before making that transition. I don't anticipate it being super hard, but I do know that he is going to want to get up and play, or sit at the door and cry some days. We also have to get toddler railings put up before we can move him. So I'm not in a huge hurry, but I do want him to be really comfortable with putting himself to sleep in a real bed before the baby comes.
  • And speaking of beds, we got a new bed for Matthew's room. I wish I had a picture to put up because I really like it. My sister wanted the bed frame we were using because it was a bunk bed set and she had the other half and wanted to use it as bunk beds. We were originally just planning on buying a cheap-o metal frame to use. Then we found this gem on Craigslist. It has drawers under the bed and bookshelves at the head of the bed. BONUS!! Extra storage space for me. We had to get rid of the trundle, but I am okay with that since it doesn't really get used that often. Since we couldn't use trundle on the spare bed anymore, we used the bed stands to raise our bed up and now we have a ton of more storage space underneath our bed. DOUBLE BONUS! I feel really good about having another baby in this apartment now, and I would even not stress about it being a girl. I will be happy when we take the extra bed frame and mattress down to my sister though since it is currently all packed into my closet.
  • And I thought Spring was here, so I finally got around to planting my flowers. Then it snowed this morning : ( I wanted to do everything from seed this year partly to save money, and partly just to see if I could make them grow. I am going to document the plant growing so here is day 1:

We have another pot that I put some vegetables and herbs in but I'm not sure it is going to grow anything since we used it to dump our charcoal in after doing dutch oven one night. We'll see. Of course 2 days after I planted everything our neighbors that were moving brought us a whole bag of potting soil we could have used to replace the old nasty soil. Oh well, now I have good soil for next year. I did get one live plant to put in my sweet teacup pot. It is nice to have a little bit of life and beauty in the house.

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Can't wait to see the bed you got! Yay for good deals on Craigslist. And I have a giant pot I was going to get rid of.....do you want it?