Oct. 2017

Oct. 2017

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Hello 2nd Trimester

This post is a little late, but its still great! : ) Last week I officially entered my 2nd trimester and it has been wonderful. I am feeling so much better these days and I have been sleeping better as well. Food is still not my best friend but I can eat most things that are put before me. My favorites have been bagels, and refried beans. I have been getting hungry in the middle of the night which is a little annoying, but I guess I need to eat more during the day. I feel like I got bigger faster this time but here is a picture of myself at 14 weeks 2 days:
And here is a picture of myself last time at 14 weeks 3 days:
Surprisingly I am about the same! I think I got bigger faster, but then I haven't really grown much since then. I also think I felt bigger because I couldn't wear anything tight on my stomach because it would make me sick so I couldn't wear my normal pants as long as I did before. But I am past that and can wear things that fit more snug again. I think I am more anxious to find out what I am having and can't wait for May to get here. The idea of having a girl kind of stresses me out right now and so I just need to know so I can stop playing the what if game. Because really, it would be just fine to have a girl. I remember when I found out that I was having a boy I thought oh no- now I won't be able to get any hand me downs from my family because that is all girl stuff. Now I think oh no-if I have have a girl I won't have any stuff for her. But if I have a girl then maybe I can use some of that hand me down stuff and it will all work out. And I can survive living in a really crowded apartment for 8 months. But why worry? There is nothing I can do to change the outcome, nor can I find out any sooner than May.
On another note, I almost burned my muffins I was baking because my kitchen timer is broken. But I think they will still taste okay! I must go and find out.

5 comments:

Kelly said...

I know people who wait until the baby is born to find out, but that is not me! I love finding out! When we moved to Wymount Joseph was 4 months old. It didn't start to feel crowded until he started crawling :)

Anonymous said...

Worry is a lot like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but doesn't get you anywhere. (a new quote I just remembered)
A girl would be awesome, but Matthew could probably use a boy or he is going to be surrounded by girls on both sides of the family. Either way it will all be good. See ya soon.

Janelle said...

Yay! Glad to hear you're feeling better. Can't wait to hear if it's a boy or a girl! My sister in law (who I think is due the same day as you) found out last week. So your day is probably coming right up; but I bet it feels like it's still forever away:( Miss you guys!

Evans Family said...

Hmmmm boy or girl? Girl because I would LOVE another reason to HAVE to buy cute bows. heehee And boy because you are the only reason I have to buy cute boy clothes. ;) So there you have it...either way I'm good! And...did you really think you were going to get bigger in one day or was that a typo?

Erin said...

Carissa! I can't believe I found your blog! You and your little family look great! I would love to talk to you send me an email sometime erinntalley@gmail.com.