Oct. 2017

Oct. 2017

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Can Your Husband Do That?

Well, I suppose that now is as good a time as any to make an announcement. Justin and I are expecting our second child in September! We are very excited, and so is Matthew; he just doesn't know it yet. I haven't been to the doctor yet and normally I would wait to make a formal announcement until I knew that everything was progressing as it should, but Justin performed such a feat today that I couldn't let it go unpraised; and the story just wouldn't make sense if I couldn't tell the truth.
The truth is that I have pretty much been feeling crappy lately. I'm not as tired as I was with Matthew's pregnancy (I attribute that to not working and being able to get more sleep and rest during the day) but I have been much more nauseous. With Matthew I only threw up from brushing my teeth. Well I learned a good trick from a friend to use children's toothpaste and it wouldn't make me sick. It totally works and I don't throw up while brushing my teeth anymore. I thought I would be home free, but it wasn't meant to me. I still throw up all the time just because. Eating has also been a lot harder for me, but if I don't eat I get sick, which can make meal times fun. Anyways, my housekeeping has pretty much gone to shambles and I find it so hard to stay on top of everything. Justin has been amazing at picking up my slack.
The past few days have been a little busy and I only have so much feel good time each day which I pretty much had spent fulfilling other responsibilities and cooking dinner (yes-I cooked a real dinner by myself 2 days in a row!!) Needless to say the dishes in the kitchen were beginning to pile up pretty high and there was a slight odor. Yesterday for lunch while I was away at a Relief Society activity, Justin made tuna fish for lunch. Bad idea. It mixed with all the other lovely smells in my kitchen and it was too much for me. I even had to barricade Matthew and myself in his bedroom to play for a while during the afternoon to escape the smell. We had an event to attend last night so the house didn't get cleaned then either. This morning the kitchen was a looming area of nausea for me.
Okay, enough background, here is the story. Matthew has been sick all week with a cough and runny nose so we decided not to take him to church today. I needed to go to Relief Society however to finalize some last details for our Visiting Teaching Conference tonight. So Justin stayed home with Matthew who went down for a nap right as I was leaving and I headed off for church. When I came home Justin had completely cleaned the house. The bedroom was picked up and the bed was made. The front room was clean and all the toys were put away. And he had washed ALL the dishes. To give you an idea, the drying rack is full of clean dishes, as is the table, and part of the counter-that is a lot of dishes. And on top of all that, he had baked chocolate chip cookies so that the house would smell good for me when I got home. So I just have to ask: Can your husband do that in 1 hour and 30 minutes? (I know we're not supposed to brag, or compare ourselves to others, I'm just saying...) He is the best and deserves 50 gold stars!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you Justin!

21 comments:

CB said...

First of all Congratulations on the new baby that is on the way. Tami and Jay spoke in church today and she said they had 2 grandchildren on the way - since we knew about Kimi we wondered who else was pregnant - mystery solved!

WAY TO GO Justin!! Your mom will be proud!!!

CB said...

P.S. And yes I just found your blog (wink).

Kim said...

Congrats! And I'm glad my toothpaste experience could help... at least a little!

J&K Gallacher said...

WOW!!! I don't even think I could do all that in 1 hour and 30 minutes. Amazing Justin!

Anonymous said...

Well all I can say is, I knew that kid was a good one! It just does my mother heart good to know that she is so well taken care of, because I have really wished I could be there to help out. Thanks for being so good to my daughter. You deserve the kudos!
Love
Tanya

Anonymous said...

k so this post made me laugh REALLY hard!!!!!!!! You start off titling it "Can your Husband Do That?" and then the first thing you say is you're pregnant! hahahahaha oh carissa you crack me up :D
Lindy

Suze said...

Congratulation!!!

Whitney and Greg said...

Yea! Congrats on #2!!!! How exciting!! I hope you feel better soon. The things we go through for our little ones.. :)

Kelly said...

Congrats again! I'm very impressed, and with Keira, I don't think I could do that either :)

Emily said...

Well, congrats first off! How exciting! I'm sorry you're feeling so nauseous. Throwing up is the worst. I hope you feel better at the end of your first trimester. Anyway, Justin definitely deserves husband of the year for his cleaning and baking feats!

Leah said...

Awesome!! Congratulations! And what Justin did is pretty amazing. Yay for second babies!

Sarah said...

Okay wow that is pretty flippin amazing! Justin, I am super impressed! Congrats Carissa, Troy and I are sooo happy for you guys! This is going to be such an exciting year for our family!

Amanda Enkey said...

Congratulations! I hope you feel better soon. Good job Justin. Stuart tried to bake some blondies...and they burned. He also started to clean the house...but then he had homework. And now I can't find some things. I guess it's the thought that counts. :)

Janelle said...

Yay! Congrats. We're so excited for you three and excited that we get another little friend! And nice job Justin. You've always been such a good example for Brent:)

Tami said...

Yay for Justin - the part I like the most is that he had no coaxing from anyone. I DO know that Justin has a fifth gear and when push comes to shove, you can bet he'll get it done if it kills him. Good Job Justin. So sorry you are not feeling good Carissa - "this too shall pass" but when you are the one in the situation--it can seem like forever. Congratulations you two!!! Can't wait!!!

Tiffany said...

Wow, Justin! He really does deserve 50 gold stars! Those Jones boys are pretty dang awesome; we are lucky to have them.
so sorry you haven't been feeling well...I had no idea! But it was a lovely reminder of the exact reason I'm so NOT pregnant. :)

Anita said...

Congratulations!
Also that is pretty amazing!! Especially the cookies!!! =)

Aaron Ludwig said...

Oh my word! Congratulations! Now I can play the "guess who is pregnant in our ward" game with Aaron tomorrow. I don't know how I didn't see this until a whole week later. I'm really glad my sister took over watching Lily the other night. You need the rest! I know how hard that fist trimester can be- especially with a toddler! Let me know if I can do anything to help!
Oh! And I don't think my husband knows how to make cookies- so...nope. My husband definitely can't do that. lol. 100 gold stars I say! lol.

Aaron Ludwig said...

lol- and this is from Mary--- not Aaron...

Stoddard Family said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! That's so exciting!! I was just wondering the other day when the next little one would join your sweet family! And way to go Justin! What a guy! Hope the nausea stage passes quickly!

Stoddard Family said...

P.S. Sounds like it's gonna be a girl! just sayin.. :)