Oct. 2017
Sunday, February 20, 2011
All Grown Up
Last Sunday Matthew finally reached the grand age of 18 months. The highly anticipated day of sending him to nursery had arrived. I was very excited and looking forward to spending a nice, quiet, still day at church. We were the first ones there that day so I took him in and he started playing with the toys while we waited for his teachers and the other kids. I sat and visited with his teacher for a minute and then said, "Bye Matthew! Have fun playing." Like I suspected he had no problems and was great the whole time. Afterwards his teachers told us that he was the model kid in class and they couldn't believe it was his first day; he played the nicest with the other kids and didn't get upset when they took his toys away, he ate his snack the nicest, sitting and eating but not trying to steal everybody else's food, and he sat and colored his picture the longest. What a sweet boy! (If only he was that perfect at home all the time.) Justin was in the primary room when they brought the kids in for singing time and he said that Matthew just sat on the blanket and didn't move or crack a smile the entire time. This did surprise me because Matthew loves to sing and dance at home; I think he just needs to acclimate to the new environment and all the other kids bouncing around. He does get a little hesitant when there are lots of other kids being crazy. Anyways, he did great and I enjoyed being able to open my scriptures and actually follow along and participate in Sunday School and Relief Society. Justin picked him up and I met them in the chapel and there was Matthew holding this:
Sending him to nursery didn't bother me at all but seeing him hold a church picture that he had colored almost brought tears to my eyes. My little boy is growing up so fast I can hardly believe it. I am excited for him to learn and have fun in nursery but I did feel a little lonely without him. At least I still get to play/wrestle with him during Sacrament!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I was in there with Joseph. Matthew was so cute. You could tell he was just soaking it all in.
After our Sacrament meeting this week, you guys weren't out yet so I went to peek on Matthew and he wasn't there. :P I'm glad Justin got the house cleaned, but I was hoping to peek in on Matthew. :) Maybe another week.
Cambrie was the same way--she barely noticed when we left her in there and she did a lot of watching and staring the first few Sundays. Now when we ask her if she's excited for nursery, she yells, "BA ba!" for bubbles. She likes it a lot.
Okay, you made this grandma tear up! He IS growing up, dangit! We sure miss him and I would love to come clean your kitchen and play with Matthew while you feel sickish--you just need to live a little closer.
Dang dude. That's awesome! Can Matthew please teach Natalie that it's ok to just go to nursery without M&D??
Post a Comment