Oct. 2017
Thursday, June 3, 2010
Memorial Weekend
For the long weekend we went up to Pine, Idaho and stayed in a beautiful cabin with Justin's family. We stayed Thursday night at my grandparents' house and I got to hold my new baby cousin; she is so tiny and precious. Friday the guys went fishing and we played cards and games together. Saturday we went on a little hike, the guys did some more fishing, went on a bike ride, and we took Matthew out on the boat for the first time. He of course loved it! He didn't complain about wearing his lifejacket but he didn't love that he couldn't move around or see much in it. His favorite thing was driving the boat with Grandpa.

It was pretty cold, as you can tell from the pictures; Jamie and Troy were crazy to get in the water, but they did! Sunday we drove up to Meridian and listened to my cousin speak in church and then had a big family dinner that afternoon. He is leaving for a mission next week to New York, New York South, Mandarin Chinese speaking-pretty awesome! It was fun to see my cousins who flew in from California as well. That night we drove back up to the cabin and Grandma had Matthew sleep in her room so I got a whole night's rest!! It was awesome (thank you!) and Matthew has since gone 4 nights without eating until 5:30 or 6. He still wakes up, but we're making progress. Monday the guys went fishing some more and we played some more games, went on a four wheeler ride, packed up, and drove home. It was a great weekend!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Phew! You guys always seem so busy! Glad you had fun though and that we were able to see you on Sunday...Matthew sure is cute! However, I'm needing some clarification on this post. You said you held your new niece...last I checked I hadn't had my baby, I don't think Tiffany just had another one so....I'm guessing you meant your new cousin...haha! Just thought it was funny that you didn't catch it!
Good job Matthew - won't be long and you'll be sleeping in without eating. Although, sorry to say Carissa - 5 out of 5 kids were all 6:00 a.m.ers! 6 out of 6 if you count Jay and he is still a 6:00 a.m.er - even on holidays grrrr!!!! I used to love Saturday morning cartoons (they watched, I slept!)
That picture of him driving the boat is ADORABLE!! He is such a cute little guy!
What a busy and fun weekend. Sad we missed it. And you guys are crazy to be out on the boat when it's that cold!! I love how you're all in sweatshirts. :)
Hope Matthew starts sleeping the whole night soon!
Sounds like so much fun!
Post a Comment