I have been wanting to get back in shape and so for Mother's Day I got some new running shoes. My good friend and running buddy just got home from her mission and so I called her up and asked her if she wanted to start running with me. We went out on Saturday for the first time and let's just say I was feeling it. As sore as my legs are today I am looking forward to getting out again though. It was so refreshing to chat with Julie again and spend some time with a good friend. It was just like old times-you would have never known we'd only seen each other once in the last 2 years. I just love how some things never change. Like how Matthew is still a no good sleeper at night. (We're back to waking up 4 times at night and up at 6 am)
But then there are those things that do change. Like how Matthew has learned to turn light switches off, and back on! Or how he showed me at church yesterday that he knows how to climb up stairs (good thing we don't have stairs in our apartment.) And finally we are seeing some improvement in his skin. His face used to look like this:


It has finally started clearing up and his face almost completely back to normal. But his back still looks like this, the poor guy.

Oh, and I think starting today I am going to take his binky away. We'll see how we do. I put him to bed last night and for his morning nap without it. Wish me luck!
5 comments:
Good Luck with the binky business - much easier than getting rid of a thumb, that's for sure. And I had no idea his rash was so bad. Poor guy - broke my heart - that's why he' getting up four times a night. He's just uncomfortable. Glad to hear he's getting better!
OW!!! That rash looks painful! Poor guy. What's it from? I know nothing about binkies because Jay never would take one...good luck! Jay started randomly waking up in the middle of the night when he was about 6 months old, and it killed me for nearly a month and then I read somewhere to just try and let him fall asleep on his own--if he keeps crying, go in every 5-10 minutes, pat him and then leave again. It took less than a week for Jay to get the picture. But I don't know about 4 times in a night--Carissa, you have some major PATIENCE!!! Good luck!
His poor rash. Poor guy. Let me know how the binky thing goes. Champ cannot live without his right now and I'm dreading taking that away. Try giving him another "comfort" item. We are taking the bottle away next month and I've been giving him a "lovee" as we call it when he goes to bed. And as far as the sleeping thing goes hang in there. Hopefully it will get better soon. I did the old fashion put him to bed and shut the door and leave him be, hard at first, but well worth it in the end :)
You should talk to the Koyle cousins (like Jill, Devri and Tosha) about the rash. I have seen a lot of babies with it, but it sounds like it is getting under control. I'm wondering if getting rid of the binky is going to help the sleeping thing. Some vices aren't so bad. I let you have yours until about 18 months, but that was 20 some years ago. I'm sure the rules have changed :) Rest (funny choice of words) assured that you will both live through this. I'm so excited that you are running. Maybe we can have a refreshing run together now when you come home.
Sorry about the book I'm writing, I guess I could call and talk. But then my typing skills might fade.
Holy cow! I didn't know Matthew had a rash! What is it from? Poor little kid. And seriously, I can't believe you are still fighting Matthew at night. You are a better Mom than me. Good luck with the binki bit!
Post a Comment