I still need to add a little stuffing and sew up the last side. And speaking of stuffing. So I went the store to buy the polyfil. I wanted to get enough to do both pillows. So instead of buying a ton of little bags, I just bought one big box of polyfil. I was a little worried about it being enough for both pillows but figured I could go grab a little extra later if I ended up needing it. Well, it came time to stuff the pillow so I opened the box and the polyfil started growing out the top of the box. "Wow, that stuff was really jammed in there tight," I thought to myself. "I will definitely have enough for both pillows." So I pulled the bag out of the box and undid the twisty tie and opened the bag, and then the stuff really started to grow. It was like those little black snakes you can get at the 4th of July that just grow and grow and grow. The polyfil box that started about knee high was now the length of my bed!! I believe I have enough stuffing to craft with for the next 10 years! Oh well, live and learn. Chalk it up for another sewing lesson I have learned the hard way.
Oct. 2017
Monday, March 1, 2010
Gumdrop Pillows
I still need to add a little stuffing and sew up the last side. And speaking of stuffing. So I went the store to buy the polyfil. I wanted to get enough to do both pillows. So instead of buying a ton of little bags, I just bought one big box of polyfil. I was a little worried about it being enough for both pillows but figured I could go grab a little extra later if I ended up needing it. Well, it came time to stuff the pillow so I opened the box and the polyfil started growing out the top of the box. "Wow, that stuff was really jammed in there tight," I thought to myself. "I will definitely have enough for both pillows." So I pulled the bag out of the box and undid the twisty tie and opened the bag, and then the stuff really started to grow. It was like those little black snakes you can get at the 4th of July that just grow and grow and grow. The polyfil box that started about knee high was now the length of my bed!! I believe I have enough stuffing to craft with for the next 10 years! Oh well, live and learn. Chalk it up for another sewing lesson I have learned the hard way.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Oh my gosh, that is so cute!! Did you come up with the pattern to make it or did you find it somewhere? I would love to know how you made it. :)
I love it! I can't wait to see it in Maddi's room! You're just freakin amazing Cris!!!!
That is so cute, I can't wait for ours. Woo Hoo. I got the invitation today, and it is way cute also. You've been busy!
It looks great. The stuff might shrink (with use) so you might want to add some extra stuffing just in case.
Hmmm...I might buy some of that stuffing off you and make a pillow for Cassie. It is adorable! And I have a sewing machine now, and I'm itching to use it.
hey i need your email address for viewing my blog. can you give it to me?
hey we will be coming to provo tomorrow for the day. have justin call zack. ! we will be there around 1. we would love to stop by
that is so fab.
Post a Comment