Oct. 2017

Oct. 2017

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Shout, Jump, Leap, and Dance for Joy!!

That is what I did when I found this note upon returning home this afternoon: "To residents of Wymount Terrace, Quad 3- We have good news! The carpet in your apartment will be replaced starting on March 8th..." You have no idea how excited I am. I hate the carpet in my apartment. It is the only thing that really bugs me about this place. It is so dirty and gross. Only in the last week or so would I even let Matthew down on the floor without a blanket under him. I did not want him sucking on 30 years of dirt. This summer they were replacing the carpet in the quad next to ours and I would watch every day, just waiting for them to come and do our quad; but it never happened. Justin told me they only do empty apartments, which means I was out of luck. But no-never lose faith! I don't care how much of a pain it is going to be to move all my furniture around, I am getting new clean carpet that my baby can play on. Wahoo!!
And why we're here I will tell you about all the other things I have been meaning to blog about lately. Matthew is getting pretty good at eating his food now. We gave him carrots the other day and he really liked them right from the get go. They had a little more texture to them and he loved to play with them.

This is just a cute picture that I love. I gave Matthew my watch to play with because he really wanted it. A few minutes later I looked down to find this:
Needless to say I don't let him chew on my watch anymore.
Matthew usually wakes up between 5 and 6 to eat and I will just put him in bed with me after that. Then when he wakes up, usually around 6:30 (7:30 if I'm lucky) I don't have to get up again. He is always super happy in the morning and loves to wriggle around on me and play. This is my favorite time of the day. This was Matthew this morning:


It's a little hard to tell in the picture, but I think its time for a haircut, don't you?

4 comments:

Amanda Enkey said...

Hooray for new carpet! And Stuart and I agree- Matthew is very very cute.

Emily said...

Woohoo! Great news. Now if only they could replace the walls...

Anonymous said...

A haircut? how bout some mousse to hold it down.

Anonymous said...

Ok, I guess I have to teach Matthew the original Haircut saying if your going to start already with the Haircuts. Here goes, Matthew, just tell your mom, "Heck no, I won't go!" This is the G rated version. I mean seriously leave his hair alone, don't make me pull this car over. Love your all your guts. Missy