Oct. 2017

Oct. 2017

Sunday, December 6, 2009

Matthew's Day Out

Okay, so really it was Mom's day out, but Matthew got to come along. We started by going to the Scholastic Warehouse Book Sale-one of my favorite things! I love books and I love buying books. This year I got: The Very Hungry Caterpillar (3 of them), Stuart Little, Charlotte's Web, The Other Side of the Mountain, The Sideways Stories From Wayside School books, and The Pigeon Gets a Puppy. Total Cost for all these great awesome books that my children will love someday: $28.84
Then we stopped and picked up our family pictures that we got a few weeks ago. I really wish Matthew had been smiling in them but oh well.
Then, we went on to Salt Lake to watch the BYU Basketball game that was being held in the Energy Solutions Arena.
(This is not a very good picture of the game but Matthew loved it. There were plenty of things for him to see)
We met some of our friends there and then after the game we went to Temple Square to look at the lights. It was FREEZING cold. I was cold and there was snow and it was super icy everywhere, and I was carrying around my little Matthew guy. I felt like a bad mom taking him out in the freezing old until I saw all the other mothers with their babies, and then I felt better.


To end the night we went to Chili's with or friends for the 2 for $20 deal they have. I was a little worried about hauling Matthew around all day because of how fussy he has been this week but he was an angel baby! He didn't hardly make a whine all day long. And he went for like 3+ hours between feedings and never got mad. I have to distract him at home to get him to wait 2 1/2 hours to eat. I seriously think he just gets bored at home and so he fusses and whines. But it was a lot of fun to spend a Saturday doing fun things with my awesome husband and happy baby.

3 comments:

Evans Family said...

Glad you had a fun day. You got some great books! Maybe now you will feel like you can get out more often and do things. That would be nice. :)

Nic said...

LOVE his hat! I'm so in to hats! Champ has a ton of cute beanies! And I'm still jealous of that awesome blanket! And when are you going to post your family picture? I can't wait to see them.

Anonymous said...

I miss the good ole days, of being bored from staying home. Enjoy them! Sounds like an awesome day, and babies are great at that age, cuz you can just haul them around everywhere and they just gawk around. Wait till he's walking and then see how fun it is. Jacque loved basketball games when she was a baby too.