Oct. 2017

Oct. 2017

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Christmas Trees and Rubber Ducks

So much has happened in the last week. Let me fill you in. For Thanksgiving we went up to Rupert and my whole family was there; it was awesome! I love family get togethers. We kept ourselves busy doing the following: Cooking and eating Thanksgiving dinner-yum!, going to the mountains to cut down Christmas trees in the snow!, watching the Boise State Football game, eating lots of pies, attending my cousins baptism, family pictures, pheasant hunting and 4 wheeling for the guys, making a cute craft for the ladies, going to the movies, having our annual ornament exchange party, and lots of little kids running around.
On Monday I put up all my Christmas decorations and we went and got our Christmas tree. I love Christmas trees. I have also been listening to Christmas music, which I love! Justin lived through his anatomy lab final and is gearing up for finals.

Matthew has had a rough few days. Before Thanksgiving he started waking up twice at night again. It wasn't so bad at first but it kept getting worse until by Monday night he woke up at 12:30, 3:30, 4:30, and 6:15. It was not a fun night. On top of that he pretty much stopped taking naps and was only sleeping a total of 2 hours during the day. That makes for one CRANKY baby during the day. The only upside is that he has started going to bed by about 9:30 because he is so exhausted. Well, last night he finally slept better. Only waking up once at 2:30. And then he actually napped today and was a much happier baby. Yeah! I hope the good trend lasts.
And finally, the bath. I got this cute blow up rubber ducky tub at my baby shower and decided it was time to pull it out. Matthew loves the water and loves to play but he can't sit up by himself yet so I have been trying to think of ways to let him play in the water. This duck tub is perfect! It props him up enough that he doesn't drown but is deep enough that he can still kick his legs and splash. Thanks Missy, we love it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I noticed the strategically placed washcloth. Good Job! Also love the tree. We still haven't put ours up. But it is on the list of things to do, with about a million other things. AAAAHHHH! It's only Dec. 3rd and I'm already feeling stressed. It's like my body knows that we don't sleep in December. What's up with that?

Anonymous said...

wow Carissa!!! that tree looks about as Charlie Brown as it gets:) but i love it.

Lindy