Oct. 2017

Oct. 2017

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

We love Idaho!

Justin's sister graduated from high school on Thursday so after a crazy week of tests and tying up loose ends at work (Wednesday was my last day since I didn't work on Thursday!), we were off to Idaho. We got there just in time for dinner and then it was off to the ceremony, which was refreshingly short-only 1 hour! Thursday was also a milestone for me; I am officially in my 3rd trimester! Oh, and my teacher threw me a little baby shower at work on Tuesday and she made me the cutest diaper cake.

Friday was spent on the lake. It was a beautiful day with temperatures in the upper 90's and there was NOBODY there since school is not out yet. The water temperature was warm too,
around 73 degrees!! We started by going up the river a ways and fishing. Kimi caught a very delicious rainbow trout which we kept alive in a cooler all day, only to kill it on the way home.

The water was so calm, perfect for skiing. I limited myself to just swimming in the water, but I did go on a short tube ride with Justin and Tami.

We couldn't have asked for a better day on the lake.

Saturday morning we got to attend our good friend's wedding. I always love going to weddings. They are so happy and magical and happy!! It also serves as a reunion for all of our old friends to get together. In between the ceremony and the luncheon Justin got to go and get a new phone. Glory hallelujah!! It was time for his upgrade and his last phone was dead and only held a charge for about 30 minutes (which means it was always beeping or vibrating and super annoying.) Saturday afternoon between the luncheon and the reception I took my mom to Babies R Us and got her opinion on the stroller I like. The wedding reception was beautiful, and happy : ) and lots of fun to sit around and visit and watch our friends be married. We were one of the few troopers who stayed the whole time to watch them drive away-that is my favorite part.
Sunday we went to church and lounged around. We went over to my aunt and uncles to visit for a bit. Monday we also just hung around. Well, actually Justin wrote a paper and I lounged around. We went and said hello/goodbye to my family and then watched Jamie play the piano at her school talent show. Then it was back home. The drive was LONG and my back hurt the whole time. So we stopped at Grandma's house and had dinner to help break things up.
Tuesday I had a doctor's appointment. I weighed in at 130 pounds!! That was a bit more than I was expecting but doctor says my weight gain is right on what it should be. I measured in at 30 cm which he also says is right on. Not too big, not too small. So for all you who keep telling me I look really small or really big, zip it. I am just right.

I am loving my life as a non working woman. I have not had time to get bored yet and it has not been too hot. And so my friends, that is all for now. But I will be back again as soon as I have something else to say!

5 comments:

Evans Family said...

Ha Ha..you're gonna beat me on weight! Looked good in the swimsuit. ;)

Tami said...

It was a glorious weekend - thanks for coming!

Jay and Tami

Shaina said...

Carissa! You look great. Baby's birthday is getting so close!! and as for the "non working woman" you just aren't getting paid for your work now! Miss you! Little Jay sends some drool.

Erin Darrington said...

you are just right :)
what else do you have to say?! can't wait to hear!

Whitney and Greg said...

Looks like you had fun! You look so cute with your baby bump!! Im so excited for you!! The next time you guys come up we should get together!