Oct. 2017

Oct. 2017

Monday, June 15, 2009

A Visit to Grandma

Last week can basically be summed up in two words: sewing projects. On Tuesday I had to go to the fabric store to buy some material for my crib sheets and while I was there I bought a pattern and some material to make a cotton skirt that I have been wanting for a while. After quite some time of deciphering the pattern and trying to figure out how to use it, I cut out my material and started sewing! The skirt turned out great (as long as you don't look too closely) and I love to wear it; it is so comfortable.

On Wednesday I went to Grandma's house and she helped me make my baby quilt and sheets. The sheets ended up not fitting right so I will have to redo those, but the quilt turned out great. I learned so many things about sewing and quilting and got lots of practice. Grandma let me do all the sewing. Except, for the last part because I did it and we washed the blanket and a lot of it came out because I hadn't caught the edge. So we had to pick the seam and then Grandma did the last bit so that it wouldn't all fall apart. Needless to say she was much faster than I was.

I had a lot of fun spending some time with Grandma and Grandpa (Grandpa shot two skunks with one shell while I was there!! He was a little stinky after cleaning them up.), seeing Rick and Amber and all of their cute kids. I even got a delicious Marshmallow shake from Burgers Etc. to eat on my way home. Thanks Grandma!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to hear more about the skunk. Why aren't there pictures of that. That's a Daniel Boone story. The quilt is great, and I can't wait to see the skirt. Are you going to the cow show? Rumor is we'll see you there.

Evans Family said...

Woohoo! The quilt looks awesome!

Stoddard Family said...

That quilt is so cute! Good job! I'm impressed :)