Oct. 2017

Oct. 2017

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

A Dexter Cow Show

Last Thursday Justin and I headed off for Rupert, Idaho after work to spend some time with my family and help with the National Dexter Cattle Show that my uncle and grandpa were hosting. It was a lot of fun and Justin learned a lot as it was his first cow show. I was put in charge of watching Baby Ely (or is it Eli?) and taking pictures. For those of you who don't know, Dexters are a small breed of cow that originally come from Ireland.
This is Jacque with a full grown Dexter. Jacque is just under 5 ft. tall so that gives you an idea of their size. They really are the cutest little cows you ever did see. And they are great for kids too because they are small.
Cooper is only 4 and he got to lead his cow around!! Go Cooper. After the judging they held an auction. The auctioneer was great and soo much fun to listen to. Justin almost bought us a cow though. We were sitting right in front of the auctioneer and Justin was eating sunflower seeds. One of them got stuck and so he put his hand up to his mouth to take it out and the guy thought he was bidding on the cow. That would have been an impulse buy that's not in the budget! : )



Saturday after they guys got all the cows home and the fairgrounds cleaned up (in the pouring rain I might add) we headed home and my family came down to Provo for the weekend. It was fun to have them here, even though it was just for a day or two.

Other things to update you on. I went to the doctor on Monday and had only gained 2 pounds!! I was super excited about that because last month I gained 8 pounds. Justin had a bloody nose on Monday that wouldn't stop. It bled for 40 minutes and he got it stopped and went in to work and it started again and bled for 30 minutes and he got it stopped and about 10 minutes later it started bleeding again. So he went to the Health Center and they made him sit next to this humidifier for an hour. They checked one out to us (it is a special humidifier that makes the perfect size of water droplets in the air) and told him not to go back to work because the MTC is "the driest building in the valley". Well, of course he went back to work and his nose started bleeding again. So whenever Justin is at home he has to sit next to the humidifier so that his nose can heal!
And that is our life in a nutshell.

2 comments:

Evans Family said...

LOL...I love the bloody nose story! You and mom have the same post, but I think you got better pictures...shhh don't tell. Looks like you all had fun. Can't wait to see you in a few weeks!

Jamie Shigeno said...

I think you need to invent a small humidifier so that Justin can wear it around his neck. hahaha. =]