Jay said only angels can make homemade angel food cake; apparently I have not reached angel status yet. I tried my hand at making angel food cake today. I tried once before many years ago and it didn't work out. It didn't work out today either. It was better than the last time I did it, but it still fell. I blame it on my stupid oven that never cooks anything right. I frequently have to double the cooking time, so I think the temperature is messed up. But it could also be that I didn't do my eggs right, even though I followed all the tips and tried really hard to make them just perfect. It was still edible, just a little more dense than usual. And if you tipped it upside down you couldn't tell that it had fallen at all!

It still tasted pretty good with fresh fruit and homemade whip cream on top. So if anybody knows the secret to making good homemade angel food cake-I would love to learn!
Oh, and as a side note. When I was making the whip cream I went to pour in a teaspoon of my delicious homemade vanilla, and oops....it's been a good night!
1 comment:
my secret is to buy it at the store and then tell everyone you made it. :)
Post a Comment