Oct. 2017

Oct. 2017

Saturday, February 28, 2009

The Perfect Weekend

I had such a wonderful weekend, I thought I would share it with you all! Friday night Justin and I were going to go to the movie but when we got there they were sold out. So we went to the Creamery and got some ice cream instead! I got a marshmallow shake, which I love. The girl who made mine put a lot of marshmallow stuff in it and shook it up for a really long time so it kind of tasted like eating marshmallow cream right out of the jar; delicious but very rich. We came home and watched a movie Ryan gave us, The First Knight. It was a good show. This morning we slept in and then got ready and were off. It was a beautiful day, in the 50's with the sun shining! First we got our oil changed (something we do quite regularly due to how much I drive everyday), then we went to Babies 'R' Us and just walked around looking at baby things. We had fun trying out all the rocking chairs and trying to figure out where we would put it if we bought one. (In case you didn't know, I really want a rocking chair.) Of course, we also made fun of all the frivolous things they make for babies, like wipe warmers. Seriously people.
Anywho, then we took our car in to get our studded tires taken off and we had a coupon for a free brake inspection. They were kind of busy and the guy said it would be about a 2 hour wait. Conveniently, the tire place was right next to the dollar theater and the movie we wanted to watch just happened to be playing right then. So we ran over and caught Marley & Me. Only problem was, I was hungry (of course) and really needed to eat, but it was a lame-o movie theater and they didn't have anything but popcorn. So, we spent $11 and I fed baby popcorn and Sprite for lunch!
After that we came home and I cooked dinner and sent Justin off to work. Then I did the dishes and cleaned the bathroom and did some laundry. I still need to sweep and mop and go get milk, but....maybe that will have to wait.
It was so nice to just spend time with the hubby and check some things off the To Do list. I hope you all enjoyed your weekend just as much!

2 comments:

Shaina said...

I'm so glad you had such a pleasant weekend! A rocking chair is definitely topping my list of baby goodies too, and I chuckled when I read how you teased the baby wipe warmers--the ladies I work with gave me a surprise baby shower this afternoon, and I now own a wipe warmer!!! haha.

Evans Family said...

You are such a goof! I thought you were going to write about all these fun things you did or something-not running errands! LOL I'm glad you enjoyed it all though. It definitely is fun to shop for baby stuff though, I still even love doing it. Oh, did you sit in those overstuffed glider chairs at Babies R Us? They are sweet!!!! I want one for the next kid, now that I have room. :)