
Most of you who read my blog already know this, but for those of you who don't, the cat is out of the bag. Justin and I are expecting a little one on August 20th!!! We are very excited to finally be parents and find that the time is passing both quickly and slowly until August. We had an ultrasound at 6 weeks to make sure all was going well and we were able to see the baby's heartbeat but it was too early to hear it. Monday we had our next appointment (at 10 1/2 weeks) and we got to hear our baby's heartbeat for the first time! It was soo exciting and such a relief to me. When we heard it Justin said, "It sounds like a flapping bird." To which our doctor replied, "Or a slow helicopter." I was just thinking, baby.
I have been feeling a little under the weather. Brushing my teeth makes me throw up and I get sick at night a lot. I have still been able to work which is a blessing (except for those days when I wish I was a little sicker so I could call in and just stay in bed :) But hopefully I will start feeling better in a few weeks so I can start doing things around the house again. Thanks to my hubby who has really been picking up my slack.
We wish you each he best and would appreciate your prayers for a healthy baby! Toodles
6 comments:
Carissa first I wanted to say Congradulations what exciting news. Garth and Leslie are expecting their first as well. they are due July 31. It is so fun you will never regret it. We will keep you in our prayers. F.Y.I I invited you to be a reader for Nevaeh's blog. She weighs 6 lbs and sure is looking more like Holly. Anywho take care. Love, Annell
Carissa!!! Yay!!! I am SOOO happy for you!!! You will definitely be in my prayers. That little baby is so lucky to be coming to such great parents! I hope you start kicking that morning sickness soon.
love from Shaina
Well, I'm glad the cat is out of the bag...now I don't have to worry about being the one letting it out. lol
I agree with the Evans family folk. I've been worried about saying something in front of one of the guys. Yay for babies! :)
CONGRATULATIONS! Being a mommy is the most wonderful feeling (even w/o the sleep). You two will be fabulous parents! Congrats again!
Congratulations you guys! We are so happy for you!
Post a Comment